Old Metallica ... And I mean OLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Metallica ... And I mean OLD

I'm sitting here listening to a live Metallica show from 1982... With Dave Mustaine. Back when The Four Horsemen was still called The Mechanix and Dave singing...

WOW! How would have guessed any of those crazy kids would have made a name for themselves!?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Yea, those old recordings are horrid. Well, the musics good, the recording sux. I have a copy of the "No Life Till Leather" demo and a couple of other tracks from back then. That disc stays in it's shell and I only listen to the copy.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I have about 20-something bootlegs from 82-84 somewhere on CDs.

Comment

Actually I think it's James singing... Who can tell with those shrill teenage voices?

Comment

Could someone possibly yousendit some of those? I'm interested in hearing it.

Comment

Those were great shows - was that the Old Waldorf one that's floating around more often than not? I'd usually see them at Keystone Berkeley (no drivers license yet!). The cool thing was being able to go to them, and thinking that "wow - these guys are GOING somewhere!"...just pure electricity!

There's some of these shows on BitTorrent and YouTube if you look enough...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
              I'm sitting here listening to a live Metallica show from 1982... With Dave Mustaine. Back when The Four Horsemen was still called The Mechanix and Dave singing...

WOW! How would have guessed any of those crazy kids would have made a name for themselves!?

Dave?Singing?He mentioned that he never sang for Metallica?
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by ApeDosMil View Post
                Could someone possibly yousendit some of those? I'm interested in hearing it.
                I'll zip them up and post them here for you.

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                Dave?Singing?He mentioned that he never sang for Metallica?
                He's not singing, but he does speak. It was just hard to tell. Just kind of sounded like Dave in certain parts.

Comment

Actually, you can download a lot of old shows, including the one I was talking about by going here, http://www.livemetallica.com/vault/

The top download is from October 18, 1982.
                  Last edited by St.James; 01-28-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post

He's not singing, but he does speak. It was just hard to tell. Just kind of sounded like Dave in certain parts.

Yeah he speaks a lot.Actually,James is the lo-pro guy at that era
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                    X