The Official "I Used to Like Nascar Thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "I Used to Like Nascar Thread"

Well sports fans, the new racing season is bearing down on us like a pit bull on a mail man. The Rolex 24 hr. race starts soon and I will be checking it out thru out the race, That also lets you know that Nascar starts getting their (pre) season kicked off next week. I used to look forward the the Nascar "Cup" season but over the last few years its just gotten so manipulated by the Officials to bring everyone down to a mediocre level, so that almost all the cars are in the race as long as possible, and God forbid a well known and highly sponsered driver should get lapped, better throw a "mystery" yellow flag for debris, and lets have over a quarter of the field run in the "playoffs" I'll be checkin out F1, rally car series, and a few endurance races, I'll probably watch a few Nascar races as well until I get irritated at it and shut it off.
    Last edited by FusionFarmer; 01-27-2007, 02:00 PM.
    I say the boy ain't right!

'Course it's an easy sport to follow when you're hammered....

Look! They're making a left turn!

Son Of Spy
    1976 Gibson Mk53
    1988 Charvel Model 3
    1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

I can't stand it anymore. NASCAR is so ful lfo crap and is love with cars that have Chevy on them. Now that my favorite driver, Mark Martin, has retired from racign full time, I don't intend to pay too much attention to it.

Comment

FF, you're in Florida, have you ever checked out the American LeMans? I think it's in Sebring?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Hours_of_Sebring
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          FF, you're in Florida, have you ever checked out the American LeMans? I think it's in Sebring?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Hours_of_Sebring
          Its a little far from me, but yeah I really like that type of racing, (American LeMans Series) I may go up to Barber motorsport park in Alabama, this year and check em out, The Rolex 24 is on right now with alot of early action

Comment

Restrictor Plates had ruined it for me long ago. Remember when at the super speedways there was field that was spread out. It was; "Catch me if you can suckers". Now they drive around in circles like it was a 4 lane highway during rush hour.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The go 500 miles and never leave the parking lot. J/K I like Nascar.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Restrictor Plates had ruined it for me long ago. Remember when at the super speedways there was field that was spread out. It was; "Catch me if you can suckers". Now they drive around in circles like it was a 4 lane highway during rush hour.
                We used to go up to Talladega every year, It really is pretty wild seeing a huge pack glued together going almost 200 mph, the inevidable big friggin wreck really sucks, Its exciting but its not racing.

Comment

Agreed. When was the last time you saw 10 cars in a line just flying around the track with the rest playing catch up? These tracks were not made for line dancing.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I liked nascar, but they never show it on tv anymore..so it's been years since I've last seen it.
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I don't get it's popularity at all. Just a bunch of cars going in circles. Kind of reminds me of the that joke card, "How to keep an idiot busy for hours.... flip the card over." and it says the same thing on the other side.

Would be interesting if they did something other than drive in circles. Motocross, now that's cool!
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Working...
                      X