MLB to DTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB to DTV

Just hearing about this and too lazy to find the story. What do you think?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Sucks to high heavens if you don't have the dish.
    Baseball wants to connect with the Fans, yet they take the MLB package away from (I heard the figures in sports talk radio, but I forgot) say 80 million homes and gave it to the higher bidder with a subscription of 8 million.

The numbers were pretty lopsided toward the people that have cable vs. dish subscribers, BUT MLB got one hell of a deal $$$ from Direct TV. That is what it all about, the buck. Screw the fans like they did the year they cancelled the world series.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The NFL will do the same. I already brought that up in a thread but I can't find it.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
        Baseball wants to connect with the Fans, yet they take the MLB package away from (I heard the figures in sports talk radio, but I forgot) say 80 million homes and gave it to the higher bidder with a subscription of 8 million.
        Did MLB merge with Gibson???
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          The NFL will do the same. I already brought that up in a thread but I can't find it.
          They already did it to some extent this season. The new thursday night games, as well as the nfl package were satellite only in my area.

Comment

Its going to get so expensive to sit in front of the tube watching sports all day, we may have to actually go outside and mow the lawn or participate in some other form of activity, YUCK
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
              They already did it to some extent this season. The new thursday night games, as well as the nfl package were satellite only in my area.
              NFL has been on Direct TV for two years now, in essence the same deal they just cut with MLB.

The stuff you are not getting is The NFL Network. A lot of cable co.s have it and some are fighting it because of the high cost of subscrition. I have it and yes you getthe Thurs night games bt you do not have the desired Sunday ticket to watch any game you want from any market.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

i've had the nfl and baseball package on DTV for a lot longer than 2 years, it's going on 7 now, maybe 8. This of course when I wasn't in the tank.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  NFL has been on Direct TV for two years now, in essence the same deal they just cut with MLB.

The stuff you are not getting is The NFL Network. A lot of cable co.s have it and some are fighting it because of the high cost of subscrition. I have it and yes you getthe Thurs night games bt you do not have the desired Sunday ticket to watch any game you want from any market.
                  Yeah, NFL network is what I meant. My cable company said no.

Comment

Working...
                  X