Rock River Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock River Arms

I'm going to buy a new AR -15 of some sort and strongly leaning toward the Rock River Arms A2 carbine.Anyone here have one?
    I've had Colt SP-1's A2 H-bars, Bushmasters XM-15s,DPMS.All were pre-ban guns.I have a long standing love for light weight CAR -15s and spent a lot of "quality" time with them.Just thought I'd ask here for input on RRA.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I have an RRA A2. I like it a lot. Lots of room for accessories with the quad rails. RRA's are very nice.

I also like the Smith And Wesson M&P. The other day at the gun shop I saw a few RRA's that looked great and some bushmasters and colts. They just didn't appeal to me in terms of looks.

Any choice of any of the above as well as DPMS would be a great choice.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

It is my understanding that CMT (contractor) makes a good number of "in-spec" recievers and parts for many name brand companies including Stag and Rock River.

That being said, RRA are finished quite nicely, but you can't go wrong with any well built clone.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I have a S&W M&P-15T. I love it.

You can't really go wrong with RRA, Stag or LMT, IMO.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
          It is my understanding that CMT (contractor) makes a good number of "in-spec" recievers and parts for many name brand companies including Stag and Rock River.

That being said, RRA are finished quite nicely, but you can't go wrong with any well built clone.
          CMT is the OEM manufacturer for many different companies. My only complaint about RRA is that they do not use mil-spec buffer tubes for their collapsable stocks. Stag does though. My S&W is made by Stag, for the most part.

LMT, LAR and MMS are OEM manufacturers as well.

Comment

RRA is the DEA and FBI's choice that says a lot.Double Star is right up the road for me but they are a "parts gun".DPMS I had big upper problems with them(headspace issues)
            I still have a colt spring and buffer tube I could use

Comment

I have an LAR upper on a DPMS lower, RRA triggerset and surplus stock, generic 20" HBAR and a colt bolt.
              Put it all together and shoots really well. It gets expensive to accessorize, copy military configurations, or try to get crazy accuracy, but to get 100% function and good accuracy is easy with any decent parts.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Every AR is a parts gun. If you want to get technical, the only FN, LMT or Stag build most of the parts in-house, though none of them make their own lower parts kits themselves. Even Colt subcontracts a LOT of the work out, and CMT has cut a number of different Colt lowers...

And, out of all the AR rifle companies in existence, only LMT, FN and Colt are legitimate military contractors. HK has some HK416 rifles in US service right now, but they're not contract. And HK doesn't even cut their own 416 recevers, Oberland Arms does.

Comment

I really want some thing simple like my old issued A1(no forward assist) short handguard, 4 position stock, light weight barrel ,3 prong flash hider.That was such a great gun.
                  Last edited by straycat; 01-18-2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Oh Yeah!

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    I have a S&W M&P-15T. I love it.

You can't really go wrong with RRA, Stag or LMT, IMO.

Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                      I have an LAR upper on a DPMS lower, RRA triggerset and surplus stock, generic 20" HBAR and a colt bolt.

That reminded me of the scene in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" where Tuco walks into a general store, proceeds to break down 4 different revolvers to build one "Tuco-ized" mutt gun, and then test-fires it out back.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X