No announcement yet.

Favorite Beer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sinistas the only other PBR fan? I'm a beer snob, but when I just wanna knock back a few, it's always PBR. I can't stand all the domestic pilsners, Bud, Miller, Coors etc (Yeungling is alright). PBR just tastes better to me, the 6 bucks a case is just an added bonus.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I find the darker European beers and ales to suit my tastes better than most domestic lagers. But all in all, Dos Equis Amber has to be one of the most drinkable beers out there, especially on tap, well worth aquiring a taste for
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I like British beers, especially the ESB's, especially Fuller's. But since my damn distributor isn't getting that anymore I've been buying Boon or Boont or Bone or something like that. California ESB. They keep changing the name. It's pretty good.

Guinness is great. My favorite beer is Anchor Steam. But I like a German Hefe-Weiss, a Spaten or Franziskaner quite a bit too. I'm not a fan of Belgians, Scottish is a bit too strong for me (though I like Barley Wine beers, especially Old Foghorn).

So.

1. Anchor Steam
        2. ESBs (Fuller, Boon)
        3. Guinness
        4. Saranac (local and cheap)

I stay far away from Heffenreffer (Green Death), Iron City (tastes like iron), and Yuengling (the gassiest beer on the planet). When I lived in State College, PA, we'd drive up to the beer distributor, buy a case of Yuengling 16 ounce bottles, pay $11. We'd go through the case in one night, and the next morning our house smelled like a cow lived there. So we'd go back to the distributor, give them the bottles (they'd rinse them out at the Yuengling factory and pour the beer in) and for $10 we'd get another case. Stay away.

Comment

Killians red I forgot about that one, pretty good really.
          Lienenkugels(SP)is a great red beer also especialy with a touch of Guinness on the top.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Killians Red for me

Comment

Hear! Hear! I think I'll have a beer.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hoegaarden- Doesn't the name say it all? A good weiss bier is hard to find, but this one delivers.

Asahi Super Dry- I believe this to be the best lager on the planet for hot summer nights when the purpose is *not* no be driving after 11pm.

Belle-Vue Kriek (Cherry beer) It's a bit of a pinch, as it should be when you get a cherry.

Killkenney- Someone should tell the Irish that Kenny's dead. But this ginger coloured ale is the second best think that I've ever drank.

Olde English- It pucha lady in da mood. You'd betta axe 'umbody.

Comment

Working...
                X