You guys are all handy, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are all handy, right?

Okay here's the dealio. I use that Turtle Wax ICE to polish my guitars (kicks ass, btw). Do you think I could also use it on my wood floors? Hmmm.
    Just curious. I'm certainly not going to try it unless I know for sure it won't damage them.
    Thanks!

Cheers,
    Em

Are your floors laquered like your guitars are? Might work if they are, can't see how you'd damage them, but it seems like an expensive way to clean your floor. Perhaps using a finishing wax (Colron) which is dedicated to wood might be the best (and cheapest) option.

Comment

I'm right-handy. Wouldn't you slip and slide?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Fett: Slip-n-slide is kinda the point. :ROTF:
        I like reeeeeally shiny and reeeeeally smooth floors, easier to keep clean and more entertaining for us to watch the cat.

Sean: Thanks! I will look into that Colron, I hadn't heard of that.
        To give y'all some background with these floors... they are 131yr. old dark wood floors in excellent condition and they are finished but I don't know with what. At one time I'm sure lacquer was used on them. All they really need is a good polish.

Comment

Oh yeah!!! Just wait until you change your walking around the house routine and make a snap decision to change directions. That is why God made rugs.

Comment

I wouldn't use car wax on wood floors. You would have a hell of a time getting it out of the grooves if thats the kind of floors you have. You want a polyurethane finish for wood floors. If you're going for that bowling alley look, you might have to have them sanded and refinished.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

i take it you had a bad experience Fett. +1 about the cats, it's like they enjoy running into walls
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I am real careful on hardwood floors. I'm a tall guy and it's a long ways down. And never, and I repeat, never leave a magazine on any floor. I did and stepped on it. I was on the floor so fast, I didn't even know what happened.
                Last edited by fett; 01-11-2007, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I have rugs all over my house to break up the slip-n-slide. Hahahaha!

I hear ya, Mike, thanks for the advice!
                  Yeah, that would be a major job to have my floors re-done. Wow.
                  They don't have to be bowling alley perfect, it is an old home and I like their character already. I just want them shiny-er.

Comment

Dont use the wax EM...try murphys oil soap

Comment

call a maid or cleaning service, yeah baby, yeah!!!!
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Iced Tea is good for cleaning wood floors.

Have you tried Pledge or Endust or some other polish like that for wood floors? I believe there's some Old English for wood floors as well.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Lets us know how it goes, and send us pics of you doing it!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Fett, you have them wood floors on the double wide?
                            Stepping up in the world aren't ya?!
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well, he did say it was an older trailer. Probably had wagon wheels on it when he bought it new, so wood floor is a given
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X