LA folks in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA folks in here?

Next week I'm starting the extensive travel that I've been threatened with for almost a year. I'll be in LA 2 thirds of the time for the next several months. I figure I'll bring my guitar and turn this bad time into a guitarist improvement project

I'm working and staying in El Segundo. I know where that is, and I know where Manhattan Beach is. Other than that, LA is a huge ball of confusion at this point. I have a simple question for now: are there any music shops in that area? Just in case I need some strings or something, or boredom gets the best of me and I try to venture out from the hotel.

Thanks!
    Dave
    Last edited by beaner; 01-12-2007, 10:00 AM.

there's a decent GC in Lawndale which is not far at all from El Segundo and MB. both those towns (ES and MB) are right next to each other btw.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      there's a decent GC in Lawndale which is not far at all from El Segundo and MB. both those towns (ES and MB) are right next to each other btw.
      The fact that they're next to each other is the only reason I knew where MB was. Thanks, I'll look up the Lawndale location online.

Comment

Used to live there for 30 years. I'll be in LA next week. Be prepared for going really, really slow. When I go to LA, I hit up GC's in Hollywood (along with all the other shops), and stuff in Sherman Oaks. If you have a lot of free time, you can hit up GC's in Oxnard, Azuza, San Bernardino, ....

Comment

I figured as much, but didn't want to preconceive at you.

LA's a great place, one of the best on earth for a musician, so enjoy!! see some Hollywood club shows, check out all the music stores, and take in the beach and the mountains.

Comment

LA = Louisiana???

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              LA = Louisiana???
              That's funny! I didn't even think of the title being misinterpreted!

...Changed it.

Dave

Comment

LA = Louisiana???
                Bryan, Bryan, Bryan....

LA is LA. no one really thinks that when one says "LA" that they are talking about some state in the south which is half underwater and where single girls are only single cause they can run faster than their brothers. :ROTF:

when we want to discuss Loosiana, we'll just say The Sticks.

Comment

LA = Louisiana???
                  That's not funny. This is way off topic, but it's why some pompous asses need a person like me to bail them out. I used to work at a municipal bond firm trading desk. The son of the owner wanted me to buy a "Palm Springs" muni bond out of what was called the "Blue List". So I call the dealer and we figure out it's Palm Beach FL. It was just sweet sticking that lemon into that jerk's mouth.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    and where single girls are only single cause they can run faster than their brothers. :ROTF:

LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X