Pawn Shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shops?

Does anyone ehre have luck getting guitars/guitars for parts at pawn shops? I'm looking for parts for my Tele and OLP, btu a nice gutiar on cheap will work too Anyone know of anygood ones aroudn Lancaster, PA?

Yeah!!!!! I do. It's great. Those rubes can't find the 'tar they have on Ebay so they have no clue as to how to price them. These cost me $150 each.
    Last edited by fett; 01-09-2007, 07:06 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

If you know what you're doing you can get some good deals, I bought a KV1 Korina for 600 a couple years ago, and got double that for it
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I live 30 miles north of Seattle and I have yet to go downtown to the pawn shops there. I really have to do that someday.

Comment

Pawn shops here suck. Squire bullets and Affinities for $119.
          Mexistrats for $369

They have a formula too. No discount the first 30 days on the shelf. 20% off max unless it's been there ~a year.

Every once in a while there is a deal, but they pretty much print a ZZsounds webpage and tape it to the item if it's current and knock 10% off.

Sometimes you'll find something odd and it's a good deal - like a johnson j-station for $29 (no power supply). Every pawn shop here has 6 crybabys, so they go for ~$35-$40

Marshall valvestates and anything with tubes in it go for full retail.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            I live 30 miles north of Seattle and I have yet to go downtown to the pawn shops there. I really have to do that someday.
            where the hell are you? Marysville? i need to go downtown someday too. pawn shops on the eastside you may as well go to GC
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm in Lynnwood, where ever the hell that is. Fuck. I bot a guitar from a guy that had a "Local Pickup" in S Seatttle. I won't go that far. We have been trying to time a meet at Northgate, but I don't drive in nasty weather and I don't drive at night.
              Last edited by fett; 01-09-2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Pawn Shops?

> I got a JT6 Model 5 in my local shop for 175 bucks,but the case was beat. I had lusted after this particular guitar for years when the original and subsequent owners had it. It was originally Cobalt Blue,but a hanger in the store broke and the headstock was damaged along with some finish damage. It was sent back to Ft. Worth I guess,or maybe GMW who was said to be their default repair facility,and refinned in Vintage Ivory after the other stuff was fixed. I still have it today. I also got the first edition Line 6 Spider 112 with the big foot controller for 125 at this same shop,and she paid the tax. Oddly enough,this same shop has a modded Mexican Strat with an OFR and she wants 799.00 for it,been sitting on it for 5 years. I know a guy in Memphis that scours the shops there,and he's found stuff like a Petrucci Ibanez for 299,an RR1 Ontario-built for 400 case and all,and one of the pinkish Les Paul Custom Lites for 500,gem mint. Tommy D.
                "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Model 2 - $190
                  Model 2B - $145
                  Model 4 - $180
                  550XL - $300

Picked up a Vester RG-copy for $40 once too!

I've done alright out of pawnshops.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm still haunting them, but my old man is always checkin' em out! Obviously my lucks only so-so cause vitG's suckin all the charvies up north

There was a cx290 strathead at a local one recently for 250....but I've got a strathead j/c and it needs alot of work to be a player or a looker! My best score (only j/c) is a DR3 identical to my first jackson for 270 (1300 new).

Comment

I did a handbrake turn one day to go back to a pawnshop with an immaculate Ibanez Sabre in the window.

"How much?"
                      "Um, well, there's a case with it......£40"
                      <RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP> (Sound of me tearing his arm off)

Thing is I recognised the guitar, it belonged to my mate, and I had been offering him £500 for it. I assumed he had been burgled and thought to save hassle, for £40 I'd just grab it, then we could tell the police etc.

That was the day I went round to his house and saw a syringe sitting on the table. He walked past it and slyly put it into his pocket just like magic, it was gone. A sad day, for me.
                      Wasn't long before his record collection followed the guitar up to the pawn shop, and everything else he owned, then his house was re-possessed.

I didn't tell him I bought that guitar, he loved it, one day I'll give it back to him, when he is clean. IF he gets clean.

Pawnshops - you can sometimes find gems, but everytime I see a hidden treasure, I feel a pang of guilt because I know somewhere along the line someone is hurting, be it because some twat has robbed them or because they will sell their soul for smack.
                      I guess I am just too soft!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Yeah!!!!! I do. It's great. Those rubes can't find the 'tar they have on Ebay so they have no clue as to how to price them. These cost me $150 each.

If it had a Floyd...oh ..crap.

Those should have had maple fretboards.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I check them out a lot, but stores here think guitars are gold. I don't think I've seen too many "deals" really, and some stuff is laughably priced. Seems that any name brand guitar is pretty much over priced...

We do better in the paper's for sale adds. Sadly...

Comment

You used to see cool instruments at pawnshops everywhere, but eBay pretty much killed that off. Either they never reach the pawnshop in the first place, or the shop itself unloads the choice stuff on eBay. Mostly what they have on display is the crap that they would have a hard time selling on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                            X