Brother has brain lesions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother has brain lesions

Guys, my Mom was here this weekend for a visit. This morning she wanted to talk to me about something. My brother has been very lethargic for a few months, and has had a progressively hard time concentrating on work. He just has a child who is beautiful and 3 months old.
    My mom tells me that my brother is sick, much sicker then we thought. Apparently he has been keeping this from us as not to "ruin our Christmas" He has been diagnosed with lesions on his brain of unknown origin. He has had a spinal tap and a bunch of other tests. He has now had two surgeries on his brain one of witch involved making eight holes into his head to do biopsies. My mom said that his speech is slurred now and he can't talk on the phone for more then a few minutes without falling asleep. No one knows what the problem is yet and I guess some of the tests are supposed to be coming back soon so we may know more but he is not doing well. Jason is only 32 and just had a child, I just went to his wedding last summer and he bought a house a few months before that. He is not working due to his condition and his wife who was taking care of the baby has been out few a few months as well. To top this off they live in Denver CO and have been snowed in quite a bit. This is becoming a real shit time with my relationship of 15 years ending; I may lose the house, and my Dad falling into dementia. Guys, I'm not ready to lose my brother.

What is there to say other than you know the whole board wishes that it's nothing and the docs will get him up and running again.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Wow. I wish you, your brother, and your family all the best. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I would give up every one of my guitars and all my playing and everything to make him better if I could.
        If he need help I'm going to be in the for sale section and you guys better buy some crap.

Comment

Hang in there Bro. We all wish you, your brother, and the rest of the family to pull through these trying times.
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Here's his boy Oliver and my Mom.

Comment

Great looking kid.

Here's hoping it's temporary/curable.....

Wish you guys the best.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about your brother, and sorry to hear so many other things in life are in such disarray for you at this time.

I hope things turn out OK for your brother (and your dad, and your relationship).

That sure is a cute kid. All the best for his dad's recovery.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Donovan,
                  It's going to come out o.k., I have every belief in this, and me and Jeanette are pulling hard for you.
                  Tommy
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Man, 2007 is shaping up to be the Year Of The Flaming Turd

Seriously, God Bless you and your brother and your dad and the rest of the family - sounds like you guys have a plate full.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

chin up mate ,i hope everything works out for your family and your self.
                        my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes for a good outcome to this are with you and your family.
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Donovan. Especially since you're already having a hard time of it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your nephew is a beautiful baby, God bless him and all of you.

And Jack, thoughts and prayers to you as well.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this bro. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X