Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well....my trips to the UK seem to be at an end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well....my trips to the UK seem to be at an end.

We no longer really do much work over there at Porton Down.........too bad cuz I really loved going there and living in Salisbury.

New chapter........

Tirana, Albania...

We got mucho work to do over there now so off to Eastern Europe for me.

Anyone been? If so how was it?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

What kind of work are ya doing over there?

Comment

Is Albania still there? I thought they all moved to Italy. Wear very heavy clothes. Like a flak-jacket. And remember when a dude puts out his palm, he's not looking for a "Bro" shake. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Albania is primarily Muslim and is the poorest country in Europe, I believe.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I really can't say what I will be doing over there .....much the same that I was doing at Porton Down in England is all I can say.

here is a funny site about Albania that I found:

http://www.comebackalive.com/df/dpla...ania/index.htm
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Well, if you were at Porton Down, I'd guess that whatever you were doing requires a pretty high security clearance, judging by the stories we've heard about that place!

Comment

Indeed, I don't think I want to know anything about what you were up to at Porton Down. The name itself chills me to the bone.
              I guess you've been doing all the stuff the US Govt aren't stupid enough to do anywhere near their own soil. Our Govt isn't that discerning!

(When the MOD move out, they'll cover it with earth and call it Sunny Vale and put a housing estate on it, then wonder why in 30 years after a spate of deformed children and deaths from rare diseases previously thought to be eradicated, people will be a tad upset.)
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                Albania is primarily Muslim and is the poorest country in Europe, I believe.
                Naaaah, that's Moldovia, the people in Albania are positively loaded compared to them.
                Moldovans are set to piss off all the Romanians and Albanians because all the shitty work they do for us rich nations for a song, well, the Moldovans will undercut them.

Oh, and now I think about it, the fact that you are moving operations from Porton Down to Albania REALLY worries me, I'm not sure I'd want to shake your hand - not a personal attack, I'm sure you're a very nice chap, just I wouldn't want to become an unwitting subject of your boss' "work"!!!

The only reason anyone would move from Porton Down to Tirana has to be for less stringent regs, more scope to "play", anyway, it sounds really dodgy!! Of course, I could be wrong, and you manufacture soft toys for orphans, but somehow, I doubt it!
                Last edited by Rsmacker; 01-08-2007, 08:03 AM. Reason: Just realised the OP is called "Bombtek"! Duh, that'll be a pretty good pointer then!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

No we're not going there to take advantage of less stringent regs at all. They have stuff that they don't want and we're going to get rid of it for them (for a price). No testing involved whatsoever (unlike Porton). Just applying our services as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Is Albania still there?

Even I don't know much about Albania
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Just think of Borat and you're not far off, as regards the country!
                      Then, if you are in any major European city, ask the police who the most villainous scumbag vermin are in the neighbourhood. That'll be the Albanian crime contingent.
                      I'm sure there are nice Albanians, but that's not what they are famous for. Apparently the vast majority of heroin brought into Europe/UK comes via our Albanian friends, and the Eastern European criminals currently infesting Western Europe are predominantly Albanians.
                      Hey! I bet it's great in Albania, there can't be any crooks left there!

Come on Bombtek, what's it like there?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                        Even I don't know much about Albania
                        What's to know? It had it's own little Commie Gov that just made a few Fatcats and the rest of the populace just waiting to catch the next ferrie. Then, they got gone, I think, and now it's New Jersey on the Adriatic. (Just a guess on that piece of water ):ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                        Last edited by fett; 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                        X