5 year old killed by pit bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 year old killed by pit bull

Todays news, the pit bull a family pet has killed the little girl! also injured the grandmother....the dog has been put down........awful start to the new year for the family, that's the second killing in 3 months of a kid by dogs, the other one was a baby by a rottweiler...:-(

That's so sad. Too many losers and nut jobs with vicious dogs out there. Those kinds of dogs have become a "badass" status symbol with tough guy and gangbanger-wannabee crowds. And half the time, the dogs turn on the owners' own kids. It's getting bad in my area over the past few years.

I was at the park with my two girls a couple of weeks back. Lots of dog walkers that day. Pit bulls & rottweilers without leashes + children running around = unsafe environment. I left when some chick with an absolutely huge and aggressive german shepard came too close. That dog was so big, it was walking HER. Not the other way around. If that dog went after a duck or a kid, there was no way she would have been able to control it.

How f'n sad is it that my kids can't enjoy the park because of these a-holes?

Comment

Some places have made them illegal... its a good idea. There have been enough deaths with pit bulls and weilers that it is no longer a matter of opinion. They are dangerous around children, and that is that.

A pitbull is definitely a status symbol for those who fancy themselves "macho" or badass etc. Have seen it many times.

An unleashed pitbull in a family park?? I would feed you to your dog.

Comment

It sucks that people turn these dogs mean and give the rest of them bad reps. I would never own a rottweiler myself, too big and no one should never own more than one. They are pack dogs and that's when they attack kids. My wife had 2 pitbulls when I met her . One was the sweetest dog and the other had been a fighting dog before she got him. Both great with kids, but the one had issues around other aggressive dogs. We always bring our current dogs around other dogs and kids to make sure they are not aggressive. Dogs don't have to be mean to defend you or to make you look tough. I guess if you're a gangbanger you can't waive a gun around you have to have a mean dog. I'll stop before I get on too big of a soap box

Comment

My friend has a Bull Terrier - its very friendly and nice...

People can train dogs to be friendly, but its very popular to have a mean dog here in Poland, well mean for races like PitBull , Bull terier.....

Comment

I've owned Pitbulls for 27 years... My Great grandparents and grandparents had them as well. Never was there an issue ansd they were famil pets.

It's really not a dog problem here kids... Like always, it's a dumbass human problem.

Yes, Pit bulls traditionally are not friendly with other animals, and they have genetically oriented toward that through breeding, often in the older days as butchers dogs to take and hold animals for slaughter. Eventually oriented more towards fighting. HOWEVER, they are ALSO genetically bred towards being able to be handled by the owner DURING these fights and the slaghter, with out the owner being bit (hown many dogs would YOU stick your hand near when they were fighting another dog?).

Manbiters get put down in the dog fighting world. Hence the end result is that on a whole, a well bred pitbull it extremely unlikey to bite a human.

But being terriers, when some one does breed whacky ones, or totally whacks a good one out (and these idiot do that a lot), the pitbulls are VERY focused and intent on doing whatever it is they are doing. And that could mean attacking anthing. THAT is the messed up human part. Us human can sure manage to mess stuff up.

Sad state that what was once the All American dog, Petey on the lil' Rascal was pitty... And the animal that was often used as an American icon in WWII propaganda, has ironically been maligned to be something horrible. And they arent...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
              I've owned Pitbulls for 27 years... My Great grandparents and grandparents had them as well. Never was there an issue ansd they were famil pets.

It's really not a dog problem here kids... Like always, it's a dumbass human problem.

Yes, Pit bulls traditionally are not friendly with other animals, and they have genetically oriented toward that through breeding, often in the older days as butchers dogs to take and hold animals for slaughter. Eventually oriented more towards fighting. HOWEVER, they are ALSO genetically bred towards being able to be handled by the owner DURING these fights and the slaghter, with out the owner being bit (hown many dogs would YOU stick your hand near when they were fighting another dog?).

Manbiters get put down in the dog fighting world. Hence the end result is that on a whole, a well bred pitbull it extremely unlikey to bite a human.

But being terriers, when some one does breed whacky ones, or totally whacks a good one out (and these idiot do that a lot), the pitbulls are VERY focused and intent on doing whatever it is they are doing. And that could mean attacking anthing. THAT is the messed up human part. Us human can sure manage to mess stuff up.

Sad state that what was once the All American dog, Petey on the lil' Rascal was pitty... And the animal that was often used as an American icon in WWII propaganda, has ironically been maligned to be something horrible. And they arent...
              Ditto, John KNOWS this stuff!!!..

John always had and loved his Pitts..and they are beautiful, lovable dogs..they don't like small animals like rats, squirrels and shit..but his dogs have big slobbery tongues that like my face..but that's OK!

BTW..we had a Pittbull Homicide in Cleveland back in about '91..yeah the dog was actualy trained to kill the wife..pretty clever..I forgot how they discovered that, it was a friend homicide detective that did..she showed me the pics of the crime scene ..wow!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1299738126

Comment

I used to breed Rotties and have had quite a few of them. I have one now actually that is the biggest baby ever. My first Rottie was a huge lap dog too and was the most gentle dog I've ever known.

I have never come across a bad or mean Rottie. Like any dog though there's gonna be the bad apples.

Generally I'm not afraid of dogs, but I have seen one pit bull that put fear in me. He was raised to fight. His name was Redneck and was a little red pit. Solid muscle that dog. His collar was a solid leather, thick and wide and was attached to a logging chain. That little fucker pulled that massive chain so hard and tight I thought it was going to break... That was a serious weapon of a dog!
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Sorry, but I couldn't get half way through that one.. I can't stand to see dogs abused in anyway. I don't understand how people can do that to such amazing creatures.

I did skip to the end though. I was hoping it was going to end on a good note. I just couldn't get through the first half.

They mentioned statistically labs and spaniels are more dangerous... Chihuahuas are too. I read a list of the 200 most dangerous dogs and the Rottie wasn't even on the list. The pit was pretty low on there.

When I was a kid I was attacked and bit in the face by a fucking Poodle...
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Chihuahuas....hahha..mine is afraid of his own shadow and don't even have teeth, maybe just a few..I think a bunny or squirrel could easily take him out!!

Pico is only 4 lbs, he's my wife's baby..he pissed on my bald head once..I don't know why..anywhoo I wanted to return the favor, it's only fair.,.but I was laughing way too hard to actually pee..so he's lucky!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man, pits are dangerous animals, no question about it. I know that there are some pits that regardless of how they're treated/raised will never attack anyone. I also know that there are pits that will/do attack people for no apparent reason regardless of how "sweet and cuddly" they are. You cant train instinct out of an animal, period.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

It's not human aggressive instincts, obviously you're ignorant of the reality...

Comment

That shit is weak! Why do we have to have a license in this country to drive or own a handgun, but shitheads here can own a dog or have kids whenever they want? I mean, by owning a dog or having a child you are taking responsibility for another life! I mean come on! The owner needs a nut-ectomy so they don't breed again.

chuck
                            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

John is 100% correct...the problem is with the owners and not the dogs. Pitbulls in particular are very eager to please their owners and will become what they are trained to become, whether it be nice or vicious. A child is much more likely to be bitten by a Cocker Spaniel or one of the many nervous "toy" breeds than by a Pitbull or Rottweiler, but the latter dogs mentioned dish out some more serious results when they do attack. Frequently, these "attacks" are merely the dogs playing too rough. A child should NEVER be left alone with any dog, regardless of the breed or its size and temperment.
                              Anyone who would like to learn more or discuss man-stopping dog breeds is welcome to PM me. I have worked with them quite a bit (my uncle was a K-9 trainer for police and guard work) and have studied them extensively. A good source for real information (and not the ignorance spread and perpetuated by the media and local governing bodies) is Dr. Carl Semencic...one of the leading authorities on man-stopping guard dogs and fighting dogs.
                              It pisses me off when the blame is placed on the dogs...and people (some in this thread) take that as the truth without doing the research. That's not to say that there are not naturally mean/bad dogs...but they occur in all breeds, just like people

Comment

Working...
                              X