Trans Siberian Orchestra last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Siberian Orchestra last night

So, we went to the 8:00 show last night here in St. Louis to see the West Coast group of TSO. First of all, let me begin by saying that I hate Christmas music. That being said, the show was pretty much awesome. I enjoyed every bit of it. Al Pitrelli and Angus Clark were the guitar players with Tommy Farese as the main vocalist. Pitrelli and Clark worked really well with each other, trading licks and improvising a little. Tommy Farese has some freakin' pipes, too. That cat can belt it out with the best of them.
    Pitrelli used a Les Paul most of the night although he did play a 12/6 double neck for a couple of songs. Clark used his Jackson RR5 for most songs with a little bit of Fender Strat thrown in there as well.
    The first half of the show was pretty much their last album in its entirety. The second half they came out and rocked a little harder. They played some stuff from Beethoven's Last Christmas and mixed in a little bit of "Layla" from Derick and the Dominos and the Peanuts Theme, amongst others.
    All around the entire group gave a stellar performance and I can safely say that I would go again next year.

I wanted to see them in Little Rock, alas in my zeal to not lose any vacation days this year, I had none left.

I wondered who was on which leg of the tour, Pitrelli/Skolnick.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
      So, we went to the 8:00 show last night here in St. Louis to see the West Coast group of TSO. First of all, let me begin by saying that I hate Christmas music. That being said, the show was pretty much awesome. I enjoyed every bit of it. Al Pitrelli and Angus Clark were the guitar players with Tommy Farese as the main vocalist. Pitrelli and Clark worked really well with each other, trading licks and improvising a little. Tommy Farese has some freakin' pipes, too. That cat can belt it out with the best of them.
      Pitrelli used a Les Paul most of the night although he did play a 12/6 double neck for a couple of songs. Clark used his Jackson RR5 for most songs with a little bit of Fender Strat thrown in there as well.
      The first half of the show was pretty much their last album in its entirety. The second half they came out and rocked a little harder. They played some stuff from Beethoven's Last Christmas and mixed in a little bit of "Layla" from Derick and the Dominos and the Peanuts Theme, amongst others.
      All around the entire group gave a stellar performance and I can safely say that I would go again next year.
      I REALLY wanted to go that but, I found out about it too late.

Comment

I went to the show here in Providence, Rhode Island. Amazing. I made a thread about it a while back/ but anyways it was Skolnick and Caffrey (speliing?) on the east coast and Pitrelli and Clarke on the west. I cant wait to go next year

Comment

Working...
        X