COB/Amon Amarth/Gojira/Sanctity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COB/Amon Amarth/Gojira/Sanctity

Alright, so I went to that show last night and it ruled. I'll give a small review on each band, they deserve it.

SANCTITY
    Alright, so here's the deal. Tall skinny guy with really long orange hair rockin' out with an LTD. Not so appealing. Upon further investigation (the little time i got between getting punched/punching people), they weren't half-bad. The lead guitarist (the chubbier one) wasn't so bad at all, left handed, too. The songs ressembled alot of Metallica's earlier stuff, despite the lyrics being modernized. If these guys were opening for a band you loved, definetly check 'em out, but I wouldn't see 'em if they were headlining. Here's a pic of the vocalist (sorry for bad quality, i didn't exactly have the best spot to stop-and-focus):

GOJIRA
    "And for out next song, FLYING WHALES!" ...Not what I wanted to hear at the time. The vocalist was boring, the bassist looked like he was a leaping frog and the lead guitarist had his eyes closed 3/4 of the time. The drummer seemed into it, very energetic. Not much else to say, I didn't even bother with pictures. Don't see these guys. Ever.

AMON AMARTH
    ENERGY! These guys are very into what they do. Viking metal at its best, this band provided some of the best tracks for circle pits I have ever heard. Despite their sound man doing a not-so-great job, the band was pretty damn sweet. The vocalist is and will remain in my list of all-time greatest performers. Definetly check these guys out if you've got the money to dish out and can withstand the pits these guys start up. If you're sitting in seats watching them, I'm pretty sure they're not as good. Here are some pics (again, sorry for the quality):

CHILDREN OF FUCKING BODOM
    Well, they're obviously getting a biased review since I was there for them specifically.... But here we go anyway. Bodom ruled, the light show rocked, the guitars sounded clean and crisp, the vocals weren't too loud, the keyboardist had it goin' for him that night, the drums were unbelievable, the bass was sweet 'n' low.... Damn. Nice setlist, except for the fact that they excluded Silent Night and HCDR.. two great live songs. Despite that, they did play Mask of Sanity and Children of Bodom, two tracks I had never heard live before. Since I was too busy in the pits to take pics, I just took a short video to sum it up. Here it is (bad sound quality, just a warning):
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37253423&hl=en

-Paul
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Nice dude. The video ruled! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
      Nice dude. The video ruled!
      The show ruled!

Comment

I went to the show in Worcester, and your description sums it all up very well. I missed most of Sanctity and wanted to hear more, though I only heard the last 2 songs... Gojira sucked and the squealing noises were really fuckin' annoying... Amon Amarth were amazing, and according to a friend I was with, Alexi was in the pit during their set, I don't know how reliable that it. And COB were awesome, but the sound at the Palladium is kinda shitty IMO. I was kind of upset that there was no encore.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Oh damn, that sucked... We had Amon's vocalist come on during COB's set in a reaper suit as a last-gig joke wish i had that filmed.

Comment

I actually liked Gojira much better than Sancity. Different strokes *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
              Apparently... You don't even remember Sanctity's name!
              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                Gojira's music was great, but it would be nicer if their leading man would show a little more enthusiasm... He was just standing there while the bassist did his frog leaps...

Comment

I wish Amon Amarth would open for somebody other than COB!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
                    Gojira's music was great, but it would be nicer if their leading man would show a little more enthusiasm... He was just standing there while the bassist did his frog leaps...
                    Really? He must have been having a good night when I saw him--he was great. Their bass player on the other hand...he was just gay

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
                      The show ruled!
                      I bet!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        I wish Amon Amarth would open for somebody other than COB!
                        It's true that they open for them alot, but hey, i'm not complaining

Comment

When i went to see unholy alliance I used COB's playing time as pee, food and drink time. Sound was so mushy, the only thing that stood out was that annoying synth.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoraby View Post
                            When i went to see unholy alliance I used COB's playing time as pee, food and drink time. Sound was so mushy, the only thing that stood out was that annoying synth.
                            Ouch, that sounds bad. They were alright when I went to UA... Bad luck?

Comment

Working...
                            X