Asking for gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for gift ideas

The past couple of years, I've given my wife's cousin Christmas presents that a young hard working guitar player would appreciate: year before last, it was a JGCable modded Crybaby (NOT mine, which I'm not going to part with ), last year I gave him a JB so he could swap his stock bridge pickup.

This year, I'm blank. He has one guitar (a Schecter double hum) and a small combo amp. So far as I know, his only pedal is the wah I gave him. He has a strap and a cord... maybe a "good enough for bedroom use tuner."

Other than that, I don't think he has any other gear.

Any ideas, in the "I'm a cheap-o, $25" category?

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

STRINGS. The ones you like the best. Get him 3 sets and tell him how wonderful they are and how it will improve his playing. Throw in a handfull of your favorite picks.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

What Fett said, or a sub to a guitar mag.

Comment

A tab book of one of his fave bands.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a great idea, Ron.

The others are good ideas too, but I'd wanted to stay away from strings because that seems too much like socks to me. And a mag would be a good idea, but his address is subject to change. A lot.

But I know he digs tab books, he's even got a little music stand set up next to his amp with a Zep book open on it.

Perfect, he'll like it, and I'm still cheap.

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

RacerX with the WIN!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A Korg GA tuner would be nice if his current oens a cheapo. But you can never go wrong with a tab book or gift card

Comment

Guitar Stand?

Comment

Strap locks!(why arn't they standard on ALL guitars?)
                  www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

MF gift card
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                    X