Wii. The game system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii. The game system

That just looks stupid. At least, if you go to a good Pro Golf Shop you can actually hit the ball into a big screen and know right off the bat that you suck. Those poor bastards are going to be flinging their arms and legs with no resistance. And then they are going to fall on the couch and watch Oprah and wonder why they can't get up.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Objection! Slander!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I'm still pissed I can't get to the end of the original Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo. Even with the cheat code for unlimited dudes.

I can't understand why someone needs all the button on the new fancy controllers either. Besides jumping and running super fast, what the fuck else needs to be done?

Comment

As a complete junkie for the Zelda game on the GameCube, I'm really looking forward to getting hold of a Wii (Bloody stupid name...). I'm gonna wait 'til the Playstation 3 gets released over here, 'cos then hopefully loads of damn fools will trade in their Wiis and 360s for Sony's "must have" fashion accessory. Then there'll be loads of cheap next-gen machines for the pathologically tight-fisted!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
          I'm still pissed I can't get to the end of the original Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo. Even with the cheat code for unlimited dudes.
          any particular place where you get stuck? I'm a complete expert on the original three mario games haha I can complete the first mario within 6 minutes and I can complete mario three within 20 minutes Mario 2 is the hardest by far.

I hate the gamecube.. especially the controller. I'm glad the Wii has a more PS/SNES shaped controller, which is much better. I don't think I'll buy a Wii.. maybe when they're getting cheap in the situation Snoogans predicted
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
            I hate the gamecube..
            What kind of crazy talk is this??
            Just kidding, but it would be cool if they'd resurrect the old N64 controller shape - I really liked the feel of those.

Comment

Wii. I cannot bring myself to plunk down money on something called "Wee".

Nevermind Microsloth's totally unimaginitive "360" name - better than "XboxNeXt" (emphasis on the last "X") I suppose, and way better than "<systemname>2" or "3".
              I was waiting for Nintendo to use "UltraNintendo" since they already did "Super".

But "Wii"???

Wiik
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually Wii is by far the most interesting control system and is way better for these fatty kids to be standing and boxing rather than reclining and using a static controller IMHO.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Wii. I cannot bring myself to plunk down money on something called "Wee".

Nevermind Microsloth's totally unimaginitive "360" name - better than "XboxNeXt" (emphasis on the last "X") I suppose, and way better than "<systemname>2" or "3".
                  I was waiting for Nintendo to use "UltraNintendo" since they already did "Super".

But "Wii"???

Wiik
                  The name is horrible but I am dying to try Call Of Duty on it.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It was called "Nintendo Revolution".. but since this is aimed at families and the non-gamer they thought "Wii / We" was more apropriate.

It's not the name that makes me not want to buy one haha
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Keith

p.s. If I owned one, I would be on that site in a week.
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Actually the N64 was originally supposed to be called "Ultra" if my memory serves me correctly. I'm a complete sucker for Nintendo so I'll probably be getting a.. Wii.. Holy crap what stupid name that is

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                          The name is horrible but I am dying to try Call Of Duty on it.
                          Lots of folks on the Call Of Doody 3 forum at Xbox.com are saying Treyarch did a horrible job on it - like you can't hop through windows anymore, and you have to walk around small rocks instead of stepping over them.

And the Multiplayer only lets you pick Americans - none of the other Allies.

They're also saying the guns have been largely redone and some are not period-correct in both availability and power.

I liked CoD2, but afer seeing an endless stream of rush-jobs that get patched down the road (and patched and patched and patched), plus the MarketPlace being flooded with buyable add-ons long before a free playable demo, as well as the slick "in-engine" movies being used to con people into buying the games on release day, I'm stirring up crap on the Xbox forums for people to not buy into the hype. Let the new games rot on store shelves, and don't go to the "Emergence Day" type crap, until they provide a fully-functional playable demo, and to stop acting like sheep that run out and buy a game as soon as it hits.

Once a developer has your money, they don't care if it doesn't work, they do not have to offer refunds. Gears Of War went Gold, and there's tons of people that have reported problems with the game, yet it's still selling and the patch is "being worked on". Those problems could have been found before the game hit the shelf if they had released a playable demo, but they knew they had problems and were stuck with a deadline (PS3/Resistance: Fall Of Man launch), so they rushed it out and left people feeling cheated.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, it doesn't look like you guys are going to back up the truck on this one.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              Well, it doesn't look like you guys are going to back up the truck on this one.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                              Maybe if you'd let us borrow your trailer, I'd certainly concider it

Comment

Working...
                              X