I hate the news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the news!

What makes these networks think these news programs are so important they have to consume so much time?

Every local channel here has morning, noon, midday and evening news programs that really does nothing more than repeat the same shit over and over throughout the day and usually the week!

Most of it I just ignore, but some of it really pisses me off... Example:

A couple of weeks ago they have this story about break ins and this new way of breaking into 90% of homes. I won't go into the procedure or what it's called, but the news people said they had complaints from people concerned it was irresponsible of them to show that stuff on TV. Even the cops refused to participate in their little story on it.

They said they felt it was important to inform people of this new technique so people can better secure their homes.

Ok, I can get on-board with that part of it, but telling people everything about it, except how to actually do it is just stupid, considering they even said the info is freely available on the net!

Hey, guess what? All those criminals who didn't know about this shit before sure as hell do now!

Tonight they did this story on defending yourself at the ATM. The end result was they said, "If you are absolutely sure the attacker isn't armed, fight back"... Kind of alerts the criminals to make sure they're armed before robbing people at the ATM's, huh?

Just crazy shit all the time.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

I saw both stories you are talking about and I too, wonder what the hell the media is thinking sometimes.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

What really pisses me off is some of the morning "news" shows that will interview someone with an important actual newsworthy story, and cut em off before they can get the story across, then spend 15 minutes talking about something fuggin stoopid like celebrities or fashion or some diet,,, and friggin cable news sheeeezz, CNN and Fox are so political its ridiculous, fair and balanced , hardly,
      Last edited by FusionFarmer; 12-07-2006, 12:49 PM.
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

That's similair to the problem we are having with meth labs in rural areas here. The news comes on almost every day talking about a new lab they've busted, then they practically tell every kid in the community what the recipe for crystal meth is. They tell them every detail except for what to mix in first.
        On a larger scale, all terrorists have to do to find out what our millitary is up to is watch the news.

Agreed, the media sucks.

Comment

All 3 of the Networks here (Except Fox) do an hour and 30 minutes of local news here. Yep, Syracuse has 90 Minutes of news every evening from 5-6:30 then we get the National News. They really have to push to get enough stories to do. Believe me, to do that much news in Syracuse, you need to have stories of cats going up trees, road crews painting lines on the street or just repeat the same crap.

Comment

I would like to see news come on 1 time day and then only when there's something we really need to know, like the weather!

I just looked at my local listings and for just the FOX channel the morning news starts at 5am and ends a 9am then another round comes on at 11am to 11:30am, then again at 5pm to 6pm then the evening news at 9pm to 10pm.

That's 6 and half hours of nothing but news on one channel and that's not including that ridiculous fucktard Geraldo Rivera, then it's an even 7... Of news!

I remember a few years ago when terrorism was the hot topic. They did this report on our water supply. This idiot goes to the main water system and talks about how easy it was for him to just walk right into the place without anyone raising an eyebrow and how easy it would be for a terrorist to contaminate the the supply for the entire city.

Hey fucknuts! Who's side are you on!?

Comment

The media in this country is just another hand of the communists who are trying to get us to give up freedom for the sake of safety. It's a scare tactic.

I just use the time they take up on TV to clean my assault rifles. LOL j/k

Comment

I think "freedom of the press" is ONLY right in this country I disagree with.

I find it odd, sad really, that people disagree with our 1st and 2nd amendments, but no one seems to care about the media running out of control.

I was watching this documentary on the LA riots and what stuck out for me was if wasn't for one reporter who decided it was a good idea cut over 80 seconds of video down to 20, showing only the harsh beat down, those riots probably would not have happened.

If it wasn't for the media as it is now in this country people would not be sequestered during legal trials.

Think about how long that OJ shit took and how long that jury was more or less jailed to sit on that trial. Taken away from their family, homes, jobs and their lives just because the press has the right to report on shit we don't really need to know anyway.

Look at what Connie Chung did to Newts mom. She got that old woman to say Newt thought Hillary is a bitch thinking she was talking off camera and off the record.

Anything at any cost for the "Story"...

I would like to see some of these bastard reporters pay for their actions.

Comment

I have 3 letters, B B C. That's here on the radio. I tried to give it up but I can't. A side note. They have this Irish lady broadcaster. She's good, but I can't stand her accent.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Local stations run lots of news because it makes them look alert to local events, but mostly because it's cheaper than paying the fees to run soaps or the 500 "Judge" shows or Montels, Maurys, Springers et al that are otherwise on daytime TV.

I found it ridiculoius right after 9/11 when CNN showed how easy it was for terrorists to fly into Canada, ask for asylum, get a court date, then take a bus out to the prairie, get off and walk into the US through the woods. As you've said, it's only gotten worse from there.

Why do they show you how to poison the water supply? Do they think that vigilante groups should be formed to protect the treatment plants? And yeah, the meth stories, they always picture all the ingredients sitting together and then talk about recipes on the Net. The shit is rampant enough anyway.

Reporters today are no more than broadcast actors; all they care about is getting face time on the broadcast, consequences be damned.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                      What makes these networks think these news programs are so important they have to consume so much time?
                      It's all about ratings. If you'd stop watching, they'd stop showing.

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                      Every local channel here has morning, noon, midday and evening news programs that really does nothing more than repeat the same shit over and over throughout the day and usually the week!
                      Get a job so you don't have time during the day to watch

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        It's all about ratings. If you'd stop watching, they'd stop showing.
                        Not true... I quite watching that damned Cosby Show many years ago and they still try to shove it down my neck every day, so I have to channel dodge it daily.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Get a job so you don't have time during the day to watch
                        I do have job, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X