Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous about upcoming tattoo

Well,

Just got a call from my tattoo artist. My appointment is next Friday (12/15) and I'm anxious/nervous as hell. It will be my first tattoo and I'm getting 1/2 sleeve on my right arm. It's going to be black/grey and cover nearly every inch of my skin from my shoulder cuff to just above my elbow. I've spent nearly 8-years deciding on the tattoo I want (it's going to be bad ass) and I'm sure I want it.....but I look at my naked arm and think....."in just over a week I'll never see you this way again." Silly I know . . .

So, anyone of our inked members have similar trepidations in the days leading up to a tattoo? My artist is pretty popular and I booked my appointment back in September (he usually runs about a 3-4 month backlog). The good thing is my wife is getting tattooed as well. The bad thing is I go home to visit my parents over Christmas break from 12/23-12/26 and I'll have to figure out how to hide my right arm.....lol.

Cool. It should be no problem at all, not much pain, if any, on that part of your body (though, everyone's pain threshold is different). Be prepared to be there for quite a few hours, or you may have to come back for another sitting or so, depending on how fast the artist is or how much pain you can take. I've got a few tats, one of them being a half-sleeve from my wrist to almost my elbow, and that took about 9.5 hours to complete.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got 3 tattoos...
      And not one did hurt...
      And in january I also get 1/2 of my sleeve
      done on my right arm...
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I'm still working on finishing up my full sleeve on my right arm. The most tender spot was the inside of the bicep, but nothing unbearable. Post pics when you can, what is the subject matter you are getting? I always get "butterflys" before getting tattooed, I think I'm going to invest in my left arm next. I'm going to have Bob Tyrrell do it. If you've never seen his work, here's a link http://www.bobtyrrell.com/

Comment

Godspeed my man..Godspeed

Umm take three xannax before going to this ordeal..you'll be laughing thru it all..

Um, I did that when my bud pulled two molars out of my skull..John was there..it was a barrel of laughs..

Yes, I screamed like a little bitch with a skinned knee from the NINE shots to numb me up..but that was all the fun!!

I don't have any tats..but you seen pics of me right..I don't need them..I'm a freakshow without 'em..

Good luck broseph..

Bill Z Bub
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My 1st one:

My 2nd an 3rd one

Sevas Tra is the title of Otep`s album ...
            if you read it backwards it means: Art Saves
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Good luck Brad! Post some pics when you get the chance bro.
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Some people go big right out of the gate. A female co-worker has been getting her first for the last few weeks... a full back piece... in color. Jeez, my first tattoo took less than an hour.

Comment

^^ Mine too...

But ok...
                  I wanted to see how it feels and if it`s really
                  so painful as people say it is... IT ISN`T!!!...
                  Actually I really liked it...

btw: folks...
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Whatever you do don't pick the scabs!!

I'm actually going Saturday to have the artist draw up my seventh one. Don't be disappointed if he can't finish it all in one sitting. It's worth it for the artist and you in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                      Whatever you do don't pick the scabs!!

I'm actually going Saturday to have the artist draw up my seventh one. Don't be disappointed if he can't finish it all in one sitting. It's worth it for the artist and you in the long run.
                      Yep...
                      But my first one isn`t so little at all...
                      but my 2nd and 3rd are
                      But my next ones are: half of my right sleeve and
                      on my back such a piece that goes from shoulder to
                      shoulder...
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Bill is wrong,
                        Xannies are for anxiety, not pain, opiates on the other hand are what are used for pain. I like both at the same time, no physical pain, no mental anguish. It's a great way to walk around the earth. I have 4 , one hurt a lot, 3 didn't at all.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          Bill is wrong,
                          Xannies are for anxiety, not pain, opiates on the other hand are what are used for pain. I like both at the same time, no physical pain, no mental anguish. It's a great way to walk around the earth. I have 4 , one hurt a lot, 3 didn't at all.
                          Don`t take any Xanax or other pills...
                          Cause this will just cause that you will bleed
                          more...
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I've always found that it helps to eat a little something before you go in. Some bread or a candy bar or something. Don't go in on an empty stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              Bill is wrong,
                              Well I was half right..I didn't want to admit that I had two 1000 Vicodins in me..

Ummm..Just say no..Ok "No" now gimme drugs!!.

Although very fun and addicting..I'm not advocating pill poopin' in any way , shape or form..

Do as I say, not as I do..Or you can turn into a Bill Z Bub..
                              There, that's enough to scare any kid..
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X