Update the rules, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update the rules, please

We had a big "To Do" about access to the "Classifieds". I don't know how to access that thread and post it here, but Mayday said he was going to go to "100 Posts and 100 Days". That was back in October. The rules still read "90 Days". There seems to be a new batch of members that don't read the "Rules", so we tell them to read them. Now all we have to do is make sure they are right.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

This was addressed recently in the Classifieds thread in Import Charvel, where Kevin changed it from 45 to 90 days, however I'd like to suggest that each of the top 5 sections have the same sticky that covers Classifieds, as not everyone will start in general J/C Talk when looking to sell - they'll head for the section that specifically concerns the guitar they're looking to offload or pick up.

I'd also suggest this for the Amps & Effects section, and one titled "DO NOT POST YOUR ADS HERE" at the top of the Efraid Of Ebay section.
    Looking at it from the noob's point of view, if I've got something to dump, I'm not going to read the rules on a forum I've never been to and am only interested in selling to, so "Read this" and 'Important info' and other such generic thread titles are going to be ignored. A title that says "Classifieds" will be read, and one that says "Do not post your Ebay or other ads here" will be at least seen, even if the content is not read.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And update that avatar fer cryin out loud

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I don't know to put a hat on little fett.

Comment

Btw: I`m here now for over 90 days and as you can see I have more
          then 100post but, I still can`t write in the Classifield section of the forum...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post

Right click on the one NEWC posted and save it to your computer then update it in your profile

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
              Right click on the one NEWC posted and save it to your computer then update it in your profile
              Thanks. That was pretty easy for an old fart.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                Btw: I`m here now for over 90 days and as you can see I have more
                then 100post but, I still can`t write in the Classifield section of the forum...
                You should be able to post your own ad. You cannot make a reply in someone else's ad, though; nor can anyone else here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  And update that avatar fer cryin out loud

Any chance of giving my upside down Zakk a hat for xmas? Pretty please? Maybe one that says 357 on the rim?

Comment

Here ya go

Comment

Can someone please update me on the 357 thing, what's it about? I couldn't find anything about it using search function..
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                        Can someone please update me on the 357 thing, what's it about? I couldn't find anything about it using search function..
                        Have fun reading these.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=Epiphone

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...light=Epiphone
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          You should be able to post your own ad. You cannot make a reply in someone else's ad, though; nor can anyone else here.
                          Oh, thank you very much
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

My Balls!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              well, if it's not on, it's not on, mister. Unsafe sex is for losers, yo
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X