Some Ramones and Motorhead ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Ramones and Motorhead ...

You tube, I just have to wish for it and it's there.

The Ramones were at least as important to me as Sabbath was...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_btl1NKLZYc

Anyone else see Motorhead at the Channel in 86 (or 87)? I remember Lemmy kicking a stage diver as he tried to get up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMqZ...elated&search=

Last edited by Tashtego; 12-02-2006, 12:13 PM.

The Ramones fuckin rule. I saw Rock n Roll High School on cable when I was like ten and was hooked. Johnny's riffs are so fun to play and they were a blast to see live. The only chance I ever got to see Motorhead they canceled. It was when Ozzy was doing to No More Tours thing and the bill was to be Motorhead, Alice in Chains, and Ozzy. Motorhead canceled and was replaced by get this Blind Melon!

Comment

Blind Melon, Ugh. I guess The Wiggles must of been booked up. The Ramones put on great show too. The video clip is a little surreal with everyone sitting at tables like at a Las Vegas has-been act. 1234...

Comment

The Ramones hit an incredible dry spell in the States back in 1979-1982. I saw them n an even more pathetic venue back then. I was 14. I saw them in 1981 at a place called Sneakers in Branford, Ct. It was in a former car dealership and they hadn't done away with any of the cubicles in the back office yet. Literally, the Ramones played in the showroom, there was cardboard over the windows so you couldn't see in, and a mobile bar that served, get this, soda and fruit punch, because it was an all ages show.

No problem, the fans were really into it, and watching the audience interaction really made the show.

At the end, the Ramones were playing in front of 125,000 in Brazil. It's hard to imagine how far they'd fallen why they were still in their prime.

In New Haven Ct, I once got to see David Bowie's Tin Machine play in front of 14 people, the Rolling Stones play in front of 150 at birthday party in a bar, and the U2 on their first USA tour in 1981 play in front of less than 200.

Comment

The definitive Ace of Spades performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBOvTovppM

Comment

That was a pretty cool version. I loved that V as well.

Wow, that car dealership show at 14 must have been great. I saw the Ramones once, again at the Channel which I'd guess holds under a thousand. It was packed and they put on a great show. It was around the same time as the Motorhead show I mentioned, maybe '87.

Comment

My first Ramones show was in 1984...seen them about 10 times after that.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
              X