New Jason Becker interview at DRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jason Becker interview at DRG

The guys at Dinosaur Rock Guitar (The other best guitar site on the web) have just posted an interview with Jason Becker.
    Check it out! http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/in...s/Becker.shtml

Man that's amazing and sad..I love that dude!!!

I always that Jeff Loomis is the best metal guitarist today (to me anywhoo)..If Jason wasn't in the condition he's in..it would be him..Vai and Gilbert is in there too..but Jason did it all and he was much more "metal" at heart IMO...I prefer Jason over Marty..always did..tho they made a great team.

His dad sounds like one wonderful guy..I'm always sad to see him like this..I actually think of him..when I'm bitchin' and moaning about my pain..then I feel like a dick.

Jason Becker Fuggin' Rules..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

nice interview!
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Cool, thx for the hookup.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

He was so far ahead of most in his day before the disease took his body.
          I've said it before in other past threads here, DLR would have been much more successful if Becker never got sick. From there, Becker would have easily been a household name. There would have been an endless supply of Jason emulators instead of Vai, Satri and Malmsteen. Things would be a whole lot different if he wouldn't have got sick.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
            DLR would have been much more successful if Becker never got sick.
            You don't make the greatest frontman ever more successful, big names like Jimmy Page would help him sell more albums though.

From there, Becker would have easily been a household name.
            now that's indeed the truth. DLR makes people successful not the other way around.

Jason would have deserved the fame. As I understand he got tired of the shred stuff he mostly did and desparately needed to join a real band, he send demo tapes to many popular bands including Whitesnake. He and Marty both really werent into the whole metal and prog/shred thing much anymore and wanted to focus on song oriented music. They did that all that crazy stuff because no one else really wasn't doing it. Jason was heavily into pop-rock/glam and ended up in DLR band, Marty was into punk/pop/rock and ended playing in Megadeth. With DLR Jason showed that he is a fucking great rhythm player and can play for the song.

There would have been an endless supply of Jason emulators instead of Vai, Satri and Malmsteen. Things would be a whole lot different if he wouldn't have got sick.
            I don't think so, all the players knew him anyway, and it was 1990, two years later you know what happened. And it doesn't matter who the people emulate the most, the emulators suck anyway.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like the musical numbers on the simpsons. I love the guy as a player, but from what I've read about him...I think I'd hate his politics. He seems just left of Chairman Mao. Still wish him all the best though.

Comment

I can't believe he is still with us. He must have an amazing will to live. Jason you rock!
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Jason is absolutley an awesome person. Everyone on this fuckin planet should take him as example, and I don't mean just as musician! Stay strong Jason!

Comment

Speaking of, Jason just sold or is still selling a '69 Marshall Plexi and the Carvin head he used on 'Go Off' on his MySpace..

Comment

I'd never seen current pics of Jason before this... It saddens me how different he looks from the young man we're used to seeing in the old video footage...

Comment

"would have been much more successful if Becker never got sick."

I agree, He should have,.. but unfortunately.."Shred" was becoming VERY uncool and was killed by the mainstreram the very time he joined..now if Curt Colbaine(sp)_ joined DLR..well then you would of had something..prolly terrible ... But you get the picture..

Music wasn't about talent anymore it was all about image..cookie cutter corporate pop..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X