Selling on Ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling on Ebay...

I've been on Ebay since March 1998. I used to sell quite a bit, but haven't for a few years and my how things have changed. Back in the day it was all money orders or checks. I remember when you could leave feedback for anybody. Heck, I remember selling things on Harmony Central, and the buyers would leave Ebay feedback.....cool! Anyway....

I've bought things in the recent past, but haven't sold and I've got a bunch of stuff I want to sell in the somewhat near future. I've got selling terms down pretty good, know how to take good pics, and write a good description.

I'm mainly wanting to avoid scams...and deadbeats as much as possible. Any tips with that regard? I'm tempted to accept Paypal as the only payment method. Should I specify that I will ship only to verified addresses? I WILL NOT ship overseas, so I don't need any help with that.

If you could provide some info or refer me to a decent website with this info, it would be much appreciated.

Also, how about pic hosting? Do you recommend using Ebay's pic hosting?

Oh yeah, I'd also like some info on what is the best auction end time and best times of the year to sell.

Thanks!

While Paypal hits you for 4%, it's by far well worth it. I have been on the Bay since 1999. The one thing I have noticed is that the viewers are on anything they are interested in regardless of when it ends. That being said, try to have them end on a Sat or Sun night. I just use what's on my computer for pics. All you have to to is hit "Browse" and it goes to your "My Pictures". Hit the pic and click "Select" and there you are. You do have a digital camera. Right?
    Last edited by fett; 11-27-2006, 10:00 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Picture hosting? Imageshack.us for sure. You can get a downloadable plugin that will let you right click on any image and upload it directly. It then pops up a browser window with various code in different formats, html, direct access, forums, etc.

To avoid scams, use paypal only auctions, require immediate payment, and don't allow people with negative feedback bid...

If you know the listing routine, know how to take good pictures and describe accurately, the only thing left is letting it end on a Sat or Sun night around 10:30pm eastern... you want to maximize for those snipers.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X