Dumb NFL Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb NFL Coach

I actually watched a complete NFL game. The 49ers were running the ball up their butts. The Niners were up by 1 late in the 4th. They had run the ball all the way down to the 6 yard line. It was 4th and the width of the pole. Even I knew they should go for it. Well, the kicked a FG and the other guys proceeded to go down the field a score the winning TD. A Niners win would have made tonights game interesting. Just bad coaching.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

you go for it on 4th down from the 6 yard line with a 1 point lead late in the 4th? Dude, would you like me to take any and all of your action on sundays. I am offering my services right now. I swear on my father . If so, PM me, and we'll get started.

Tommy
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The drive that took them to the 6 was 10 running plays and 1 pass. The ball was 1 inch away. Did you see the game? There was like 3 mins left. It was a stupid call. The worse that could have happened is a drive starting at the 6 yard line. That's 94 yards. They started their drive on the 20. Stupid, stupid, stupid. How many times have you seen a team make a game winning drive with less than 2 minutes? Lots of times. It's like the defense just gives up.
      Last edited by fett; 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I don't why this game bugs the hell out of me. I guess spending most of my life in the Bay Area is part of it. And now that I am in Seattle, I wanted to see a good division race.

Comment

I'm with Tommy on this one, Fett. If they had gone for it and turned it over on downs, all the other team would've had to do was get into field goal range. Kicking the field goal forces the other team to score a TD. You have to be able to trust your D to make the stop. Every coach in the league likely would have done the same. I think it's easy to criticize the move in hindsight, but wrong.

Comment

Move to Arizona. Dissapointment becomes accepted.

Comment

Yeah, I know and you're right about the FG range. But, that decision will haunt the Niners. Hell, I could have made the first down. The offensive line was just awesome. It makes tonights game a so what.

Comment

Originally posted by AzPilot View Post
                Move to Arizona. Dissapointment becomes accepted.
                How's the cat? Now that's something to be upset about. I hate football. I'm just bugged about that call.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Saints are doing all right this year, though they did lose some momentum the last few games. But they beat the fuck out of the Falcons Sunday and are 7-4 and lead their division, so for Saints fans that's pretty damn good. Sean Payton seems to have his shit together. Knock on wood...
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good for the Saints, I'm pulling for them because my wife is sponsoring a soldier in Iraq and he's a big Saints Fan.
                    Also in my opinion, Vick can't lose enough to me. Very over rated QB, great athlete, not a great QB.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      I don't why this game bugs the hell out of me. I guess spending most of my life in the Bay Area is part of it.
                      Ditto - I grew up in SF and the East Bay, but I'm in San Diego now, getting it from all sides now that the Chargers have their sh*t together. I was a Niner fan in the days of John Brodie and Gene Washington (not quite the Kezar Stadium days, but close!), not going to give up now that the Yorks are in charge!
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I like the Patriots, or the Ravens with the swarming defense. Steve McNair makes that team completely a contender. They have always had the best defense for the most part of the last 5 years, now they can move the ball.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X