The RacerX weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    I should probably take a "before" pic...heh heh... moobs...
    Originally posted by Norton View Post
    And we would like to see you healtiher and sexier

hehehehehehehe.

go for it, Ron m'boy. We're pulling for ya. Just getting yourself generally more active is a good start. There's plenty you can do to get into shape if the gym isn't an option right now, simple exercises you can do using your own bodyweight around your living room, and it sounds like you're working with a few good ideas already, with the cycling and the walking and the kicking and the biting and the glavin
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ron, you can do it easily bro! You just need to listen to more metal, new and heavy stuff. It's the best motivator in the world. Nothing else beats it!

And if that means anything, I'm here to encourage you in anyway I can.

This thread is a nice start I guess Don't forget the picture
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Good luck,Ron,you can do it.I once weighed 413 lbs.I lost 190 lbs in 9 months with diet and exercise.If I can do it,you can do it................................
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

This may seem fairly insignificant compared to you dudes, but last year I lost 10+ kgs in about 2 months, with strict eating and weight lifting. No cardio, I HATE cardio (probably didn't speed it up any though haha)

Comment

Good luck Ron! If you want you can come and join the army with me?

Post some after pics and stick at it!
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Best advice I can give is to eat six times a day, but small portions. This will speed up your metabolism. And as bad as you may hate it, you need 30 minutes of cardio workout daily. At your size, I recommend a fast paced walk. You're just asking for knee and ankle problems at your weight by playing tennis. Give the walking and low calorie consumption a chance before becoming too active.

Good luck!
              "POOP"

Comment

P.S. Buy a guitar made from premium lightweight alder.
                "POOP"

Comment

Congratulations on the start of your transformation.

May I suggest this site: www.johnstonefitness.com

It's got some really great information on accomplishing what you've set out to achieve.

Also, don't forget the 3 "biggies" (sorry for the pun) of weight loss. In a VERY specific order:

1.) Nutrition
                  2.) Weight/Resistance Training
                  3.) Cardio

You need to focus on all three (but particularly the first two) in order to have a successful weight loss regime.

I've dropped from 252lbs. in July to 201lbs. this morning and it has been a loss of bodyfat and not lean mass (very key to maintaining weight loss).

PM me if you want any more suggestions.

Again, read up on the johnstonefitness.com website and good luck!

Comment

did ya lose it yet?
                    i found it.
                    it's in yer toe
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Run for 15/20 min per week first, then, when you feel that you've got it, run for a longer period. The key to huge weight loss is to run with a k-way (sorry, don't know how you call it in the usa) and nothing under. I practice boxing (english, like rocky haha) and I have to run 3 hours a week with this method. Everytime I do 30min my coat is full of sweat haha. Think about it

And good luck !
                      Last edited by Valeck; 11-27-2006, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I'm with you, Ron, only I'm 5'7", 325.

I suck at life. :/
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Ron,

Can I buy your mini Charvels while you're on this quest ?? Best of luck !!! You CAN do it !!

Comment

You might want to gear more towards bicycling than walking until you get some of the weight off. It's similar exertion but lower impact oin your joints. If you hurt a knee, ankle or even a hip that will stop the exercise cold.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good Luck Ron. Same here I'm 6ft. 2in. 270lbs. The Doctor says if I lose 50lbs, I probably won't need High Blood Pressure medication. And I'm married to an Italian Woman who can cook...Too much Pasta. I should get back to exercising and watch my diet. Let us know your progress.

Comment

Alright Ron! You can do it!!!!! You should weigh just a little less than me since you're 1 inch shorter, and I'm at around 225, so 220 is a realistic goal. Good luck bro, keep us updated.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X