My pickup truck just took a crap....lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pickup truck just took a crap....lol

On my way to work today, it crapped out. Going along at about 25-30 minding my own bee's wax. All of a sudden, woof wooof wooof. Vibrating like a bad bitch.:ROTF: Feels like the clutch center is frigged.

Flatbedded to the shop. I'll find out tomorrow the extent of the repairs.

This truck owes me nada, so if it is time to retire it, I am ready.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

sorry to hear that bro, or congrats on the new vehicle , is in order? lol!
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave says this is what you need.
      "POOP"

Comment

My pickup truck just took a crap....lol

> My car did something similar to this on the way home 3 weeks ago last night. I was only driving the 2 blocks from work back to my house. I got about halfway and it lurched and just about died,the same feeling you get when a car first runs out of gas. I let off the gas,and when I gave it some gas it got worse,so basically I just idled it back to the house. Once I put it in drive,it smoothed out,but when I put it back in drive,it shook like it was coming apart or the motor was on the verge of blowing up. My dad says he's 99% sure it jumped time,and he's right about these things 99% of the time. All he has to do is hear whatever noise a car makes,or feel for himself what a car is doing wrong,and he just knows. Now I'm fuckin' stranded. Tommy D.
        "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Aww that sucks though. My old Toyota was awesome. WHen I see your truck Scott it reminds me of it. Get a new Mustang GT!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
            Aww that sucks though. My old Toyota was awesome. WHen I see your truck Scott it reminds me of it. Get a new Mustang GT!
            :ROTF: Listen bro, I would love a GT, but I am trying to be practical here for a moment.

This truck doesn't look like much, but it has always treated my well. I have kept up with oil changes, brakes, tires, tune ups and all maintenance.

The 4wd is a charm in the snow and the ac blows like a Thermo King when it is hot outside.

132,000 miles on it, and up until this afternoon, ran great. I will let you guys know what the mechanic says tomorrow.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a minor problem

Comment

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!:ROTF:
                Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a minor problem
                It must have been your crossed fingers that helped me Jeri, as the problem was indeed minor.

I am olnly resurrecting this so you can all goof on me for not diagnosing and repairing this myself, since I do a lot of my own basic maintenence and repairs on this truck.

But in my defense, let me lay out the specifics:
                The truck: 1994 Toyota Pickup, V6 4x4

mileage: 132,200

Me: In uniform on the way to work

The problem: Engine got loud and shaking violently

I assumed the worst, being that the truck has high mileage and gets driven 52 miles a day/5days a week for work. It is also my all around go getter and moved band equipment for gigs when we played out.

The mechanic's diagnosis: A spark plug unscrewed itself from the engine, causing the loudness and shaking. While this is funny, I am the one who installed said spark plug along with the other 5 plugs, cap, rotor and wires during the summer.:ROTF:

They did not charge me anything and the most expensive part of this ordeal was the flatbed wrecker: 100 clams.

Begin goofing!
                Scott

Comment

I won't tease... I've forgotten to put the rotor in once.
                  Spent 3 hours trying figure out why the engine wouldn't start.
                  I then looked in the box of parts I removed and there it was... new rotor sitting right next to the old one. I felt like such a retard.
                  -Rick

Comment

Thanks RJ. I did put the plugs in.......months ago. I have never heard of a plug unscrewing itself from the head.
                    Scott

Comment

Too much anti-seize and a failure to snug em up will do it.
                      -Rick

Comment

If you work on automobiles it has happend to you. If it hasn't then you time is coming.
                        I rebuilt the motor in my Nova, installed it in the car and was going to prime the oil system before installing the distributer and realised I did not put in the oil pump shaft:ROTF:

Talk about a pain in the ass.

Comment

Great news!! (ya dummy) j/k bro, glad it's ok. Caution: uncrossing fingers now...:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                          X