Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Stanley guitar solo *video*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFllo...elated&search=

It just goes to show that it's not all talent and musicianship. My problem is that he got paid that night.

yeahh it wasnt that good but its wasnt realy that bad either,i guess thats why bands have lead guitarists i dont know why he held his pick in his mouth when his tapping didnt need a lot of fingers?might have had it laced with beer

Comment

Here's a better blast from the past, 1978:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvgU...related&search=
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

bloody hell 1978!!yeahh thats way better

Comment

KISS is nothing without the makeup and the show. And thats coming from a huge KISS fan from way back. Paul is not a guitar player. He is a showman.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Yup... The 70's KISS definitely beats the 80's KISS any day.

I've never seen Paul do a solo like that so I'm wondering if he was just fucking around?

On another note. I just heard Paul's new CD. Not that great... I don't get it. They are all great musicians, but take them away from KISS and you'd never know that.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I'd trade places with any one of them, even if it means being called sucky on a forum by guys who live in their parents basements...............

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                I'd trade places with any one of them, even if it means being called sucky on a forum by guys who live in their parents basements...............
                +1

Paul has always admitted he was not a lead guitarist. He writes a good hook and has a powerful voice. The real question is how many people here can say they inspired a whole generation of musicians? Love em or hate em they made it and they are still doing it after 30 years..... I for one wouldn't be a guitarist if I hadn't seen them on TV in 1976....
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yup, KISS got me into rock, also in 1976. We're old...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                    +1

Paul has always admitted he was not a lead guitarist. He writes a good hook and has a powerful voice. The real question is how many people here can say they inspired a whole generation of musicians? Love em or hate em they made it and they are still doing it after 30 years..... I for one wouldn't be a guitarist if I hadn't seen them on TV in 1976....
                    Ditto...
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I always found it interesting how he looks so much like the transvestite from the Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Comment

Yeah I agree as well. I hate when people critisise world famous players about technique and tone when it all comes down to so many other things to make it big like stage presence and song writing and relating to your audience thorugh your music. Look at Ozzy....not a real great singer but making his first album in late 1969 and still touring today almost 40years later!!!! Living Legend

Comment

+1

+2
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

+1

+3, but I saw em in 1981 on TV lipsynching "I" (music from the elder) on Solid Gold.......
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Kiss got me into rock too. And guitar to an extent. Thanks to Ace and To Scholz i always wanted a cherry burst LPC. LOL Thy were deffinately better back on the day when i forst got truned in to them in 78/79. Kiss alive era. Saw them at the chicago Stadium back then too when priest openned for them and got boo'd off the stage. LOL go figure,
                              Kiss love em opr hate yes they did make lot of people want to be musicains cus they made it look fun.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X