Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Leprechaun claims another - Ted Nugent

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/061110/20061110005228.html?.v=1

Ready, Aim, Rock! Ed Roman Announces Completion of Ted Nugent Signature Guitar

Unique six string doubles as high-end firearm
    LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ed Roman's Quicksilver Guitars, the world's largest guitar store & builder of custom guitars, today announced that the company has completed the custom design, development and construction of a new custom guitar for world famous rocker, hunter & statesman Ted Nugent.

Ted Nugent, known for his hard hitting rock n' roll, as well as his strong support for the right to bear arms, his conservative lifestyle and love of his country, is one of Ed Roman's primary influences.

"We are proud to have had the opportunity to work with Ted again and to produce this truly unique instrument and piece of rock'n'roll history," said Ed Roman, found of Ed Roman Guitars. "Not only is this a top-of-the-line guitar, it is a precision firearm. As usual, Ted will kill audiences with his hot finger work, but now he can employ his expert marksmanship with a six string, as well."

Ed Roman & the Luthier's at Ed Roman's guitar shop were all excited to build this guitar for Ted. They put their minds together and came up with the idea to build a magnetic, quick-deployment, high caliber Derringer handgun into the guitar itself.

"I am so jazzed to be associated with Ed and the team at ERG," said Nugent. "This guitar is a work of art and is absolutely magnificent. And what a concept -- Ed and his team have outdone themselves once again."
    In addition, this guitar differs from most other solid electric guitars because it has a 3/4" solid slab of Alaskan Sitka Spruce for its top wood. Ted was adamant about the guitar being built using a Spruce top because he favors the tone of Spruce. He says "the tone starts with the wood." And, as usual, Ted is right!!! Most high quality acoustic & arch-top jazz guitar tops are made from either Engel Mann or Sitka Spruce.

Ted's other design specifics included a solid black Korina back with a gorgeously figured Macassar Ebony neck. The fingerboard is made from premium Gaboon ebony found only in the deepest, darkest regions of Central Africa. The softer Korina & Spruce resonate beautifully together and the Macassar & Gaboon Ebony neck adds a sharp percussive edge to the tone.
    The public will be able to view this masterpiece at the NAMM show in Anaheim on January 18-21, 2007. The axe will also be on display at the Cobra Derringer booth at the 2007 SHOT Show, January 11-14 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.

About Ed Roman Guitars

Ed Roman Guitars designs, builds and constructs the world's most beautiful and best sounding guitars on the planet. The company is located in Las Vegas, Nev., and is the World's largest guitar store -- listing over 5,000 guitars in stock at any given time. ERG carries every major brand, as well as many you've likely never heard of. Ed Roman Guitars is also the best source for the finest Hand-Built Boutique Guitars in the universe. For more information, please visit www.edromanguitars.com or call 1-888-MAD-ROCK -- 888-623-7625.

-a

holy fuk
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Come on Nuge, you're better/smarter than that. However, maybe Nuge is smarter than I'm giving him credit.......maybe at NAMM as a grand finale, he is planning to shoot Ed with the guitar's built-in gun.

Comment

Worlds are colliding. This is not good. We can only hope that Ted considers Ed the "most dangerous prey" (or maybe just "most obnoxious") and uses the gun/guitar to carry out an Ed hunt at NAMM to be played on Ted's hunting show.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          Worlds are colliding. This is not good. We can only hope that Ted considers Ed the "most dangerous prey" (or maybe just "most obnoxious") and uses the gun/guitar to carry out an Ed hunt at NAMM to be played on Ted's hunting show.
          We're on the same page Bro, I don't think troll leprechauns are considered an endangered species, Fire at will Uncle Ted...
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-25-2008, 01:29 AM.
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Oh, I think Ed has (or has had in the past) some decent techs. It's just that they have an idiot as a leader. They get paid to do what Ed tells them to do....maybe not exactly what they WANT to do. But actually some of his stuff may be okay.....it's the Ed Roman stigma that gets attached to them that makes them "bad".

Comment

I'm just waiting for ER's wikipedia entry.

Also Vince's.

Anybody wanna start?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-25-2008, 01:29 AM.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

who cares, they are both sorry assholes who couldn't write a cool song or build a cool guitar to save their lives.

Comment

......And you have done better than both? Right................Ed Roman always has great luthiers. I have never heard of any complaints about the quality of his guitars, just of the man himself and his business practices..............

Comment

This is the dumbest guitar idea I have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                        X