The Old Marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Marine

I got this in an email from a buddy I served with. Kinda funny.

A Marine gets out of the Corps after Nam and lives his life like the American dream. When the War on Iraqcomes around 40 plus years later, he goes down to the local recruiting station, and tells the recruiter, "I want in, I wanna fight." But the recruiter says, "Sorry man, you're too old."

"Fine," the guy says. "I'll go to the Pentagon. I have a friend there. He'll let me in!" So he goes to the Pentagon and tells his friend, "I want in, I wanna fight." But his friend says, "Sorry Buddy, you're too old."

"Fine," the guy says. "I'll buy a boat and row to Iraq!" So he goes out and buys himself a rowboat and starts rowing to Iraq, chanting "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" over and over again.

St. Peter sees all this and goes to God and says, "Lord, what do I do to stop this clown?" God tells St. Peter, "Why don't you take his brain? It's the root of all thought." So St. Peter takes the guy's brain. It doesn't faze him. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!" St. Peter then says, "Now
    what?!"

God replies, "Why don't you take his heart? It's the seat of all emotion." So St. Peter takes it. Doesn't faze the guy. "Semper Fi, Do or Die, OO-Rah, OO-Rah!"

St. Peter says, "Now what should I do?!" God smiles and says, "Take his gonads." So St. Peter lops off the guy's gonads.

The guy immediately stops rowing, looks confused, turns his boat around in
    circles, and begins chanting, "Off we go, into the wild blue yonder..."
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

That was pretty good...

Comment

Heh. That covered it pretty good
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Shouldn't it end with 'Anchors away...'?
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

No!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
            Shouldn't it end with 'Anchors away...'?
            Yeah, cause there aren't 15,000+ sailors in Iraq/Afghanistan right now on IAs.
            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by finnman View Post
              No!
              +1000
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
              X