Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• children of bodom - new DVD

CHAOS RIDDEN YEARS
    is what it's called, I got it, I like it, and due to me beeing up way to early I just thought I'd try giving you a review on this!

it's mainly a live DVD recorded in stockholm in early 2006.
    the average age of the crowd seems to be around 18 I guess but the swedes know how to rock and it's a great atmosphere for sure.
    it's all english and offers 2.0 and 5.1 sound as well as 4:3 and 16:9 screen formats and pretty impressive quality (wasn't able to try out 5.1 though).
    the bands performance is solid IMO as well as the playlist;

living dead beat
    sixpounder
    silent night, bodom night
    hate me!
    we're not gonna fall
    angels don't kill
    deadbeats I
    bodom after midnight/bodom beach terror
    follow the reaper
    needled 24/7
    in your face
    hate crew deathroll
    are you dead yet?
    lake bodom
    everytime I die
    and downfall

in between they do quite a lot of solos as well as some cover tunes once in a while. the usual bodom package.

further it offers (besides a year-stock of four letter words in alxis announcements) 7 promotional videos, a making of of the DVD as well as a documentary with interviews, another couple of live clips and the band members introducing themselfes.
    I didn't know that something like this was included first when I got the DVD, but it's actually pretty entertaining. sure they're fooling around a lot living the rock'n roll image and actually most of it is nonesense, but I had a good time watching it.
    roope even shows a couple of his guitars including his new ESP, some of his CS-jacksons as well as an MIJ charvel.

to fill it up, there's some outtakes and a photo gallery with shots from tours.
    total running time is over three hours and I got it for 17 something euros if I remember correctly.
    kind of fair IMO and I'd get it again.
    the concert is also available on double CD as well as the all in one package of DVD+2CDs.

for fans I'm sure it's worth it, but for interested people who don't know them yet, it might be just as well, since (even though it concentrates on their latest release) it offers a nice view over their albums.
    sure I love bodom, but it's a great release anyway IMO!
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Cool review!

I watched the clips of it on youtube, and the other guitarist of my band got it from ebay. He also likes it alot!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have it to. Documentary was very cool, so was the photo gallery and some of the videos. But the concert didn't do much for me. I'd be better if they released Tokyo Warhearts or Seoul 2001 on DVD.

Comment

I liked the "hatecrew rolling over europe tour 2003" much better. Longer and much more interesting setlist.. and the crowd was so much nicer.. when I saw them with the 2005 I almost got killed a couple of times by a-hole fans trying to get closer to Alexi.

Anyway.. I don't know if I'll pick this up.. CoB kinda lost my interest :/..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The DVD is really killer...
          Nice show but the documentary and the deleted scenes were
          much better
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Anyone in the U.S. found this yet? I orginally thought it was supposed to be released at the end of October but Amazon.com says a 12/5/06 release date. Pisses me off. . . I stopped at Best Buy yesterday trying to find this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
              Anyone in the U.S. found this yet? I orginally thought it was supposed to be released at the end of October but Amazon.com says a 12/5/06 release date. Pisses me off. . . I stopped at Best Buy yesterday trying to find this.
              Yeah, it was supposed to be released a couple weeks ago. I saw the CD in the store, but it had a sticker on it that said DVD coming soon. I only want the DVD.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Yeah, it was supposed to be released a couple weeks ago. I saw the CD in the store, but it had a sticker on it that said DVD coming soon. I only want the DVD.
                The same shit happened to me when I went into a store. I downloaded the CD and concert video, but I really want the damn thing to see all the extras.
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Yea I have it on preorder with amazon....waiting patiently.

Comment

And for all those without patience...

http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...ldren+of+bodom
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The lead vocals (during the songs) looks dubbed.

Comment

I'll be buying this one..

Bill Z
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Finally this is out here. Just picked it up yesterday. Very cool DVD!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool new stage set-up they've got there. Last 3 times I went to see them it was pretty lame although, I did meet them! Cool guys.
                            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
                            X