X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft addiction

Not me, I've never played

This dude: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K8hfK3RQs2g

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

game addiction is pretty common. if mom is so concerned she can stop paying for it, it's going on her CC.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I thought it was going to be that kid yelling and smashing his keyboard, but I should have known better since Ron posted it.

The doorway that Mom was standing in looks straight outta Saving Private Ryan.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
        I thought it was going to be that kid yelling and smashing his keyboard, but I should have known better since Ron posted it.
        Hahaha, I thought of that kid, too, when I saw the hole in the wall! :ROTF:
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Buy a brush. Paint your room, young fellow. Mom might help too.

Comment

Speaking of computer addictions, Ron.....how many times have you turned over the odometer on the JCF? :ROTF:
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

People can become addicted to the stupidest things, mostly a result of having too much time on their hands (guilty) We bought my mom a computer a few years ago and she just plays spider solitaire on it non stop all day long. I should delete that program but it would piss her off
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I have interenet addiction myself just because I'm always looking for the holy grail of info that i never find.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
                  I have interenet addiction myself just because I'm always looking for the holy grail of info that i never find.
                  Try refdesk.com Lots of info there!
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I play WoW way too mcuh. it's awesome.

Comment

It's no more addictive than anything else people do for fun. I do play wow and a lot of that story is BS or just does not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        It's no more addictive than anything else people do for fun. I do play wow and a lot of that story is BS or just does not make sense.
                        Its interesting that so many people discount an addiction just becauase its doesnt have an external chemical component, e.g nicotine in smoking.

I think video game addiction is a very real thing, but I dont think its as common as some people want to believe, and I think its used as a scapegoat way too often.

I myself was "addicted" to a video game for a while. I lost my job, my car, my house, I gained 40 or so pounds, and almost lost my girlfriend at the time. No, Im not fuggin' kiddin'. Looking back on it, I was just lazy, and didnt want to confront the responsibilities I had in my life, so I just "escaped" in to the game. Was I really addicted, no, I just needed to grow up.

That woman in the video needs to pull the computer out of the kids room, cancel the account thats being billed to her CC, and start asserting some control over her son. And continue to monitor her son to see if he straightens up or continues to show signs of addiction.

My $0.02

Later,

Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                          That woman in the video needs to pull the computer out of the kids room, cancel the account thats being billed to her CC, and start asserting some control over her son. And continue to monitor her son to see if he straightens up or continues to show signs of addiction.
                          That is the bottom line right there.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I was kinda addicted to a video game once. It was Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the Xbox. I played on Xbox live for hours, and it actually did change my mood and personality. I stopped playing it and took up guitar playing instead after a while

Comment

UFO, which game did you get addicted to?

Comment

Working...
                              X