Gonna be in Nashville...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be in Nashville...

My wife and I are going to be in Nashville this Friday and will be staying at the Millennium Maxwell House hotel. We will be there until Sunday. My wife has a Mary Kay business on the side and will be attending a conference at the hotel. So, I need some suggestions on what to do while I am there, as I will have some free time to myself. Where are some of the better guitar stores?

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

You could always stop at the Gibby factory and see how the repairs are coming on those ZW Epi's..

(My appologies to all affected parties,as I could not resist such temptation)
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I've always heard that Gruhn Guitars was a must-visit when in Nashville, but I've never stopped in.

http://www.gruhn.com/

Comment

I don't think the Gibson factory does tours anymore. Definitely check out Gruhn's. Take a wad of cash though. All i could afford there was a pick.

Comment

Get down and dirty and go to the clubs where they play real music.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Actually when I was in Mashville in '04 I did not see any guitar shops other than Gruhn's, nor did I see any of the "infamous Nashville pawn shops" where you always heard about someone scoring stuff dirt cheap.
            There was a pawn shop out near the slum of a hotel Tekky and I were at that had a Fleckstone Dinky for $400, and a Charvette Acoustic/Electric for $200, but that was it.
            There were a couple of guitar shops further down the road going away from the city, but all they had was imports for MSRP.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Depends on what you enjoy doing. You can do the BB King blues club. You can go a little further south and do Jack Daniels tour. Gruhns is a high end vintage guitar store. Try Corner music too. Rock Block has a few high end boutique amps but thats it. There are too many clubs to list here but they are mostly country. Mercy Lounge has rock acts sometimes. There is a GC south of nashville off of 65 too.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys.

Alvin
                Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 11-04-2006, 08:40 PM.
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Go to Ernest Tubbs record shop..in the back are LOT's of guitars..The one next to Tootsies Orchid lounge..I can't remember the name of the street.

Comment

Alvin, I suggest that you round up a few select Mary Kay hotties at the Hotel bar and have some oil "rastling" in your room!!

A~
                    All hail the 'King'
                    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
                      Alvin, I suggest that you round up a few select Mary Kay hotties at the Hotel bar and have some oil "rastling" in your room!!

A~
                      :ROTF: :ROTF: My wife said that will not be happening!! :ROTF: :ROTF: Damn it!

Alvin

Jeri, thanks for the Ernest Tubbs recommendation. I'll try to find that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                        :ROTF: :ROTF: My wife said that will not be happening!! :ROTF: :ROTF: Damn it!

Alvin

Jeri, thanks for the Ernest Tubbs recommendation. I'll try to find that one.
                        Awe damn.....It was just a thought.....

A~
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I've checked the Gibby site for info. about tours but they don't do them at Nashville anymore. They do tours in Memphis.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Also, make sure you go to the Opry Mills Mall and check out the Gibson Showcase. They have more overpriced Les Pauls in that one store then you'll see at one spot in your entire lifetime.

Comment

WE are heading out the door right now. I'm looking forward to the drive from Atlanta. Looks like we will be going to the Bluebird Cafe tomorrow night for dinner and the show.

Alvin

Thanks to all for the suggestions...

Comment

Working...
                              X