How Far Would You Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far Would You Drive?

Tony's thread about the busted Les Paul made me think about this question....

How far would you drive to personally pick up that "special guitar" (not easy or impossible to replace) before you put it in the hands of a UPS or other delivery company? I have one coming soon and these UPS horror stories scare the shit out of me. This one would be a 7-8 hour drive one way. I don't care about the cost of the travel. Just wondering.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

500mi is the farthest!
    I love admins!

Comment

When I was human and able to buy axes at will, no matter what, even if it was a friday, Fed ex. P1 overnight, and or saturday delivery was the deal, and never had any problems. The less time in their hands the better. Pay for the safety.Plus i have no patience.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I drove from MN to Chicago to pickup a soloist.
        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I flew out to Cali and flew back home with a very special Jackson Firebird... $500 round trip ticket....

I drove 300 Mi to meet DJROBA for a Charvel Model 7.......... GREAT guitar!!!!

A~
          Last edited by STLKINGV; 10-26-2006, 06:01 PM.
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
            When I was human and able to buy axes at will, no matter what, even if it was a friday, Fed ex. P1 overnight, and or saturday delivery was the deal, and never had any problems. The less time in their hands the better. Pay for the safety.Plus i have no patience.
            I understood everything except the "when I was human" part.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I guess if it was "the one" I would drive across the country. What a great reason for a 2 week vacation! For any nice guitar I would drive a day's worth to pick it up if I was that worried.

chuck
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                I understood everything except the "when I was human" part.

I used to be a deal closing motherfuker, now i can't close much more than a door-lol actually, things are turning around a little bit, it's a long story that you will all be able to read when I start and finish this wild tale called my existence on this planet. I've definitely covered the spread on the over-under for years i'll live.
                Tommy
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV View Post
                  I flew out to Cali and flew back home with a very special Jackson Firebird... $500 round trip ticket....

I drove 300 Mi to meet DJROBA for a Charvel Model 7.......... GREAT guitar!!!!

A~
                  And you won't even answer the phone or return my messages =(

Comment

90 minutes per $1,000 in value.

Comment

Calculate gas costs and how much your time is worth. 2 1/2 hour drive is a full tank of gas r/t. $40. You get paid $20 an hour? That's about 6 hrs, another $120. Total of $160.

You're probably better off overniting it through Fedex.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
                        And you won't even answer the phone or return my messages =(
                        Dood...... Sorry bout that, lost my job since then, I have a new cell #...

What's the story with the PM's??? It says Unread 65526, Total 62.....

We need a clean-up in isle 5, please.....

A~
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Hey Adrian, where are you watching the game tomorrow?

Comment

wherever the cards lose
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing View Post
                              wherever the cards lose
                              Donnie, go fuck yourself....

A~
                              All hail the 'King'
                              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                              X