Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good with Storm Doors?

Hey guys,

I installed some Storm doors on my house about a month ago. No problems and they work great, but now I don't know if it's because the weather is getting colder or what, but one of the storm doors is squeeking like crazy and it doesn't fully close all the time. I went and made sure all the screws were still tight and the self close mechanism was adjusted properly and now the storm door doesn't close all the way now all the time. My questions are.....

1. Will WD-40 be good to take care of the squeeking noise, or is there a better/more recommended product?

2. Any ideas why the door doesn' shut all the way now? I tried everything I could think of and I don't see where it could be sticking

3. Not on the storm doors, but I have some bar stools that the leg brace is attached with long Allen head screws. These screws always work themselves out every few months or so. I figured I'd secure them this time with blue loc-tite, but ofcourse, all I have left is red loc-tite, which is usually for high heat applications. If I go ahead and use the red loc-tite, am I opening myself up for further problems?

Thanks!!
    Al

Sounds like you bought a cheap storm door and cheap bar stools!
    Try removing the "made in China" stickers, and see if that helps! So far it's helped on a lot of my stuff.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Borrow Newc's sledge hammer. He isn't doing any guitar mods at the moment.:ROTF:
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Heh. I've got to replace both my storm and entrance doors within the next week or so. Let me know what brand you got so I can avoid it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nothing like an honest round of JCF help
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I am always willing to help a brother out, Henrik. Nothing but pearls here.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Actually, the storm doors were middle of the line cost wise, far from the cheapest they had at Lowes. I don't skimp when it comes to my house. The door actually closes fine now, so maybe it needed to settle?

Thanks for the "help"

Comment

If the doors have a hydrolic closing mechanism, they will need to be adjusted when the temperature changes significantly.
                -Rick

Comment

I have had trouble with em, usually its the thin aluminium frame flexing causing em to stick or not shut correctly, they generally attach to the brick moulding of a pre hung exterior door, if there is too much space between the alum, and the wood, the frame will flex. i generally hold em tight to the latch side and rip down shims for the hinge side,
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                  X