X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to see Godsmack tonight

How unfortunate. :P

Comment

Godsmack is the best "Load" era Metallica tribute band I ever heard in my life!!

Well, It's true..

Have fun..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am not a fan of theirs. That said, I got free tickets to see them this summer and they did not disappoint.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ok, going against the grain here. I actually like them. Not all out FAN..but they have some good songs.
          ok, I'm out..

Comment

Well they freakin rocked. The singer played guitar on quite a few songs and even did a drum solo with the drummer. I will take them over 99% of the new stuff out today. And yes, they play guitar solos.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
              Well they freakin rocked. The singer played guitar on quite a few songs and even did a drum solo with the drummer. I will take them over 99% of the new stuff out today. And yes, they play guitar solos.

Matt
              They all grew up playing in local 80s bands.. Sully started out as a drummer ... so yeah they can play they just adjusted to the masses to be mainstream and it worked ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Godsmack fucking kills...that is all...
                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I really like Godsmack. I wouldn't compare them to Metallica at all.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

They have the best rock drummer out there right now IMO.
                    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Godsmack is nothing ground breaking but a solid heavy band very solid. I find a lot of their stuff uninspired personally but at a bar after a few beers and they come blasting over the PA they sound great!
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by mwm70 View Post
                        They have the best rock drummer out there right now IMO.
                        Agreed....
                        When Tommy left, i thought it was over for them but Shannon Larkin is truly one of the most talented dudes in music today.
                        Hell Sully could play drums for them and pull it off as well. Plus Sully and Tony play exclusively Pauls so that's a bonus for them...

I have been following them since 99 when i met them and then saw em perform at the Boston Music Awards at the Orpheum...
                        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

http://www.godsmack.com/news/news.asp?item=104172

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                            Agreed....
                            Plus Sully and Tony play exclusively Pauls so that's a bonus for them...
                            Sully played Pauls all night, but Tony mostly played this (Mcnaught?) guitar.

Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 10-25-2006, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I've seen some vids where Tony plays LPC wich looks exactly like Sykes' sig.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X