No announcement yet.

Rudy Sarzo's book finally available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Sarzo's book finally available...

"Bassist Rudy Sarzo's (QUIET RIOT, OZZY OSBOURNE, DIO, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) book, entitled "Off The Rails", which was originally due last year but was delayed after Sharon Osbourne allegedly applied pressure to have the book pulled, is finally available for purchase via Amazon.com.

According to a posting by Sarzo on a message board, the original manuscript has not changed. "The Osbournes' disapproval of the book has not influenced me to make a single change from the original manuscript," Rudy reportedly said.

In an April 2005 interview with Greg Prato of Billboard.com, Sarzo stated that the book will include a first-person account from his personal day-by-day diary of events while touring with Ozzy Osbourne and Randy Rhoads in the early Eighties.

"I kept a diary, like a journal," Sarzo told Billboard.com, "And I have the details of all those [tour] dates, mainly because my accountant at the time requested that I did. I would keep records of my travels for tax purposes. There's so much misinformation about that period on the Internet. I think somebody probably grabbed an old itinerary, and just went by that as 'These are the dates.' At the time, there were a lot of cancellations and rescheduling, especially after the accident."

Regarding the accident that killed Rhoads and two others, Sarzo said, "The spookiest thing looking back at it, I got a chill when I got to [the day of the accident] March 19th [in the journal and] it's missing. It was like, 'Wow.' Having to go back in my head and walk down those corridors, because a lot of this stuff, it still is hard to talk about it, because people ask me about [it]. Every time I tell the account of what happened that day, I have to relive it. And it's so hard. That's one of the reasons why I wrote it, so I don't have to talk about it anymore, you know what I mean? If you really want to know what happened, just read that chapter, if anything."

Read more at Billboard.com.

(Thanks: Ozzyhead.com)"

http://www.amazon.com/Off-Rails-Rudy...987156?ie=UTF8

Read the first review.

I want to get it, thanks for letting us know.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

first review, um yeah.... I like and feel for Bob Daisley (I believe he and Kerslake basically made the lyrics and songs with Randy), but I don't believe he toured with Oz, did he?
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Some excerpts of Sarzo's book were printed in the RR special edition GW magazine a few months ago. It was pretty good, with lots of details about the Ozzy stage setup, the giant hand, throwing meat into the audience, etc. I may have to buy this just to show support after what that bitch Sharon put him through. Supposedly, he had a deal with Cherry Lane, and Sharon threatened to pull out of their agreement to allow them to print Ozzy & Sabbath song books if they proceeded with Sarzo's book, so they left him twisting in the wind with no publisher.

Comment

Cool! I will have to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
              first review, um yeah.... I like and feel for Bob Daisley (I believe he and Kerslake basically made the lyrics and songs with Randy), but I don't believe he toured with Oz, did he?
              Yeah they did for a bit, then they went in and recorded Diary, then got fired I guess.

There's a live Mr. Crowley EP that Ozzy put out back then. I have a couple picture discs and a regular vinyl copies. It has three songs on it, side one had Mr. Crowley and side two had Suicide Solution and You Said It All.

I wonder why he's never re-released these? I guess because they can't remove Daisley and Kerslake from a live recording.

J.

Comment

I have the picture disk as well and you can dowload all three songs off the net. Just like the After Hours recordings, I don't think Ozzy is too proud of them and probably won't release them again.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Seems like a an interesting book to get.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by DTP View Post
                    Yeah they did for a bit, then they went in and recorded Diary, then got fired I guess.

There's a live Mr. Crowley EP that Ozzy put out back then. I have a couple picture discs and a regular vinyl copies. It has three songs on it, side one had Mr. Crowley and side two had Suicide Solution and You Said It All.

I wonder why he's never re-released these? I guess because they can't remove Daisley and Kerslake from a live recording.

J.
                    Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    I have the picture disk as well and you can dowload all three songs off the net. Just like the After Hours recordings, I don't think Ozzy is too proud of them and probably won't release them again.
                    Yup. I picked mine up years ago at a record shop in the Village.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This YouTube interview has Bob discussing the whole situation, it's awesome. Most of the Ozzy and Randy Rhoads stuff in later on, but the whole thing is great!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Dng...eature=related

Comment

Well this thread is only a year and a half old ......

Comment

lol, it is, hehe, oh well, zombie post here to eat your brains.
                          put me on a nice reading trail this morn,...er afternoon. gotta get the book.

Comment

Working...
                          X