Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My band opening for Katatonia & Moonspell tomorrow night (in NH).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My band opening for Katatonia & Moonspell tomorrow night (in NH).

So we're finally opening for some recognized acts. Katatonia, Moonspell, and Daylight Dies tomorrow at Mark's Rock Club in NH. I'm kind of nervous, because I've never played in front of 300+ people before. We have to load in at 3:30 for a 6:00 show, which is pretty insane, but at least we've got a half hour set. Should be a time. Our vocalist has been freaking out because we could lose a bunch of money on ticket sales (we had to buy tickets in advance). *shrug*

I'd love to hear some of your experiences opening for larger acts!

-Scott
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Do you mean Mark's Showplace?

Comment

Yep. They're calling the non-strip club part Mark's Rock Club now, I guess.

Comment

Where's that?
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

in Bedford off of Route 3.

Comment

oh, ok.
            I was supposed to play there last year, but they dropped all the cover acts.
            I've got my son this weekend so I can't make it, but have a good gig!

Comment

Thanks dude...what band are you in?

Comment

Awesome, good luck and hope it'll be fun!!!
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Sweet, that will be awesome! Make sure to have a few laughs at the singer from Moonspell and his skull-on-a-stick!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                    Thanks dude...what band are you in?
                    typical, run of the mll cover band. At the time I was supposed to play Mark's I was in a band called Cheeky Monkey, now I'm in a band called 4Fit.
                    (disclaimer: I hate the name, but whatever, the pay is good)

Comment

Sinistas, I don't really have any experience opening for larger acts, but a universal advice when playing live: don't forget the audience. If you play technically difficult stuff it can be hard to put on a good show while ripping, but it's something to aim for.

You prolly already knew that - I just wanted to say good luck dude, bring the house down
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have some experience opening for larger acts, and here is my advice, be it as kind of douche-baggish as it may sound-remember that most of the people there arent there to see you, they are there to see the bigger bands playing. Dont get pissed if your sound sucks either, because it most likely will. Having said that, if you guys play your asses off and have a good time, you will win a lot of fans-there were definitely a lot of people that made it to every show that we played after they saw us for the first time opening at the bigger show.

Comment

Good luck!! Tear it up bro!!

Comment

break a leg!

j/k...good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I'm psyched!

Comment

Working...
                              X