Wish us luck please...battle of the bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish us luck please...battle of the bands

First off..I think we found the "best" of them...we didn't have to pay any entry fee....which we wouldn't have....6-8 bands..IF we win..we get either 300 bucks or the door. I'm sure it's the lesser of the 2...
    Great venue, great exposure...Hell, we can't loose really...anyhow...
    Wish us luck.

No.

:ROTF:

Just KIDDING!!!

Luck, shmuck, go WIN it!

Good luck anyway
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good luck and give'em hell!
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Best of luck to you!

I have mixed feelings on battles, but it really depends on the setup and the venue. We played in a battle where there were four nights of preliminary competition and a "finals" night. Sixteen bands, four per night, and the winner of each night went to the finals. Now, this was supposed to be all metal bands. We won our first round, but came in dead last in the finals. Two bands had rapping, one had a DJ who set up a huge turntable "rig" at the front of the stage (guitarist had to stand back between his stack and the drum riser/monitor), and there was really not much metal going on. We did get a couple hundred bucks and played to around 500 people, so I guess it wasn't all bad, but it could have been so much better.

Anyway, maybe your battle will be a good one. Show them how it's done!
        sigpic

Comment

Suerte!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We played in one where the soundman was screwing everyone's sound except for his brother's band - Voodoo Hippies. They were signed about a year later and became Full Devil Jacket.

Hopefully you won't have to deal with that crap.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good Luck, have fun.

Comment

Good luck, bro! Battles are fun to play, whether you win or not.

I should know. Crankdaddy (the band) has played in 6 of them, and the best we ever did was take 3rd place once.

We finally realized that we're just not "engineered" to win Battles.

Punk rock + originals = No Shot in Hell.

Of course, it could be that we just plain suck, too.

Anyway...enough of my issues. Kick some ass, brutha!

Comment

Good luck, and just make sure you're cool with the sound guys.....they can make or break you.
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Cool, good luck!
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Rock on Jeri Kick some @$$.

Comment

DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Break a leg!!

well.... not literally.

Good luck.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

rip their fukkin' throats out Jeri!!!!!
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Rock out with your, ummm... Yeah... well I mean... Good luck!

You'll do great!

Comment

Working...
                              X