Attn Metal Fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn Metal Fans.

Most of us are wondering how long it will be before this whole emo/screamo "scene" will fizzle out. From the looks of things it wont be too long. Now the other day somebody said to me "well you like megadeth, metal is gone..." I was thinking whoa. Historically, Metal has been the 2nd most mainstream prevailing music type. The first would be Rock. It has endured the Punk wave in England in the 80's and was almost ruined in the U.S. by the sunset strip bands jumping on the bandwagon to cash in. Besides Metal has one thing that stands above all other types of music in the past 30 years.....substance. The most intelligent form. I figured this would only be appropriate for the J/C forum seeing that those two are more often than not guitars "geared" for metal or hard rock.

I literally could write a novel on this topic right now..many know I've done so ..many times before..

But I don't wanna..I don't feel good..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill just use the search engine and link to the post!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by revelation212 View Post
        Most of us are wondering how long it will be before this whole emo/screamo "scene" will fizzle out.
        nope. I could care less. I haven't liked the last couple of trends in "metal" but it doesn't impact me much - I've never relied on the radio to provide with my metal fix.

As Bill has said here numerous times before, the best metal is underground and very rarely pokes its head up into the mainstream, so whatever prevailing popular metal style has little effect on me. I've always had to seek out the best stuff myself (often with the help & recommendation of this great forum!)
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X