Latest Project(s): Lock & Chain Inlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project(s): Lock & Chain Inlay

Here are two fretboards I did a couple days ago. Both are sanded, but still in a rough state:

Pau Ferro with two color lock & chain inlay for a possible Dokken tribute piece. Will most likely be a Floyded 1 hum with a skull & chain graphic airbrushed on the body. Maybe have the chain running thru the eye sockets or breaking or something...I dunno yet. The entire inlay consists of 4 pieces of pearlessence. I wanted to put the "Under Lock & Key" Dokken logo in the face of the lock...but licensing is too much hassle and expense. I tried out a dove grey epoxy...not sure if I like it, or black better on Pau Ferro.

This one is a sample for the October Guitars shop. It's Macassar ebony with all kinds of crap inlaid in it.....Mainly experamental stuff. Tony's gonna fret it, so it's more like a finished piece. I did my signature in it just to see if I could. It turned out OK, but I had a couple chunks blow out when I milled it flat. The skull turned out really good.

>>--HuntinDoug-->

the skull with red eyes is awesome..very impressive work!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Awesome work brother! Man, I can't believe that signature inlay. I guess that has to be just about as intricate as it could get huh? Knowing you...probably not!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Doug, you are truely talented my friend. I would love an axe with the purple crescent/full moon inlays.That is one of the simpler ones, but I love its subtlty. Awesome job man, I would love a huntin doug fretboard on my next axe!!

chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

That signature inlay is so awesome.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

WOW!!! Amazing work!!!

Comment

Awesome stuff. That flame inlay would make a sweet 12th inlay on a HRF-ed guitar.
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Nice work man. Thats tallent
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Dude...!!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

close ups:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Amazing. Love the sig, love the flame, love the swirl in the state of Texas.

Comment

Doug, If I ever can get ahead that I can afford a custom, I'm gonna have you do the "Buck Tracks" inlays for me.....

BTW, the bucks are really starting to run now..... I'm gonna go out and sit in the woods this weekend........

Nice work Bro!!!

A~
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Those are so nice. I really like the Bat, the sig, the leaf w/acorns.....damn, they are all nice.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It's great to follow your work, Doug. I always rush to your inlay threads and you never disappoint. It's just so... totally out of the ordinary!
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Holy shit...

Simply amazing...
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                              X