X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial postponed

For those of you interested in the status of my assault case:

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...9110089138.txt

The gist - the trial has been delayed so that the defense attorney can defend this woman in her murder trial (charged with killing her 3 kids). There will be a status hearing Dec. 15 where they will decide on a new date - most likely the trial will start after the new year. We are also waiting on a decision to consolidate the stalking/breaking and entering case with the sexual assault case. The prosecution has stated that the two different cases all stem from the same course of actions.

Skelton - the defense attorney - tried to get the court to assign the delay to the prosecution. It of couse didn't happen, but if it would have they would have had to release him and redone everything because in the state of IL you have to be tried within 120 days of your arrest if you are in custody - the 120 days expires Nov. 11.

Also - the judge in the case will be changing. The original judge is retiring at the end of the month. Still don't know who the new one will be.

I'd rather have this done sooner than later, but if it interfers with my NAMM trip I might have to get pissy!

At least this shit head has to stay in custody while the waiting happens. I am really pulling for you on this.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Keep the faith and stay strong.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I am very glad he's still sitting in jail - still solitary confinement. A lot of people are throwing a fit about his still being paid - I'm not necessarily thrilled about it, but I would hate to see his kids not taken care of - it's not their fault their father is charged with this.

I'm also not overly thrilled - the prosecution "voluntarily" gave the names and contact information to the defense in private. They did this to keep it out of court records and therefore public access. The defense was ready to put a motion through court to force them to give us the information. The nice part though - I don't have to talk to them if they call. Todd is planning on answering the phone at home so that if it's them he can tell them I have absolutely no interest in speaking with them. And I'll be letting the State's Attorney office know if they do contact me.

I really do appreciate the support. It's crazy listening to all these people talk about the money he's getting paid and how the taxpayers are being taken for a ride on this whole thing. People forget there are a lot of lives effected by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
          his still being paid - I'm not necessarily thrilled about it, but I would hate to see his kids not taken care of - it's not their fault their father is charged with this.
          Wow, what a great attitude you show, Kristi!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Thanks Ron. As much as I would like to see my rapist fry in hell, I would never want to see a child suffer for something their parent did. The kids are unfortunately another type of victim. I'm sure that, however unfortunate and wrong, these poor kids are going to have to deal with some kind of stigma because of what their dad is being charged with. The wife I don't feel quite so sorry for - she has repeatedly said he would leave in the middle of the night to go "house hunting".

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

+200

Very nice thought,Kristi.

The judge change may actually work in your favor,as the new one is not close to retirement and has a career to weigh.
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                +200

Very nice thought,Kristi.

The judge change may actually work in your favor,as the new one is not close to retirement and has a career to weigh.
                Thanks again. After 3 and a half years of dealing, I've realize that the negativity doesn't help and blaming others for what one man did just isn't right. Especially not the kids.

I'm hoping it will be a benefit. I had heard some good things about Judge Dozier (the current judge), but I can't expect him to put his life on hold for one case. I have heard that the whole system down there is really on edge about all of this. Having one of their own charged with something this heinous has them all paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                X