My airport experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My airport experience

This was the first time I have flown in 5 years. I was all flipped out about the hassle. Piece of cake. Security was cool and fast. They did have to double check my bag. I had an old Sony Wallkman (Cassette) in there. They probably didn't know what it was. Here's the neat thing and why there is still hope for humanity. My flight was delayed in Oakland so I had to call Seattle. I don't do cellphones, so I went to a coffee stand to get quarters. The nice lady said hang on a sec while she was with a customer. The customer asked me what the number was and whipped out his cell and let me make the call. Is that nice, or what? So I get to Seattle and have to call. So I ask a curbside baggage guy if he has change for a dollar. He doesn't. But he whips out his cellphone and let me use it. There really are nice people out there. The one downside is I had to stand on the curb for 3.5 hours for my step-son to pick me up.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

3 1/2 hours!!! What was the reason for the long wait?

And yea... there are still some cool people out there.
    -Rick

Comment

Very long story. They had two weeks to figure out how to be there. I e-mailed 10 times, called 4 times, and it didn't work. Part was horrendous traffic here in Seattle, but the real reason for the 3.5 hour wait is that they are just losers that are all wrapped up in themselves. It's the shuttle for me from now on.

Comment

Hope the rest of the trip went better.
        -Rick

Comment

It was great. My son and two roomies have the greatest apartment. I cooked for them and they liked that a lot. My last night there, one roomie, who is a cook, spent hours preparing a 5 course meal. He put on one of those funny double-breasted white jackets and explained each dish as he served. Now, that boy deserved a whopper tip.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

So they'll be bumming money from you to replace the food they cooked up for you? :ROTF:
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I live 2 min from the Airport, You could've called me and ridden in the El Camino
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
              X