Saw Iron Maiden last night......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markb View Post
    Like they could play x factor front to back. Now that would be worse.
    Why? That album kicked ass, even though Blaze Bailey sings on it. Virtual XI really sucked, but I think that was more of Steve and Nicko's fault than Blaze. And I even like X Factor better than Brave New World, which I also like a lot. I haven't gotten DoD or this new one yet, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nah, it wasn't TS, because when I saw TS for the Stay Hungry tour, I was in the nosebleeds. For Maiden, I was on the floor.

Maybe it was the Live After Death tour? Did they still use the giant Eddie Mummy for L.A.D.?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, Live After Death was the Powerslave tour. Maybe you saw the Somewhere In Time show, with the big ass Eddie Head as Nico's drum riser? W.A.S.P. was the opener when I saw this tour.

--After some digging it appears the Waysted as well as Malmsteen opened for the US dates.
        Last edited by Top Jimmy B; 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

No, it wasn't S.I.T., it was either Powerslave or Live After Death. Powersalve was the World Slavery Tour. I do remember it was '84 because it was Adrian Smith's birthday on that date (they played New Orleans - U.N.O. Lakefront Arena). February 4th or something?

S.I.T. was '86? If I can find my L.A.D. album it's got the book in it with the tour dates I think.

I did see WASP open for someone, but can't remember who

I do remember I was seated then - just to the left of the stage, slightly above Blackie.

Now that I think of it, that may have been the show (with WASP), because I was sitting with a friend from school (Brian Patton of EyeHateGod, as a matter of fact) and he was getting stoned, so when the opening act went off I walked down to the floor, but he was too stoned to move
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Why? That album kicked ass, even though Blaze Bailey sings on it. Virtual XI really sucked, but I think that was more of Steve and Nicko's fault than Blaze. And I even like X Factor better than Brave New World, which I also like a lot. I haven't gotten DoD or this new one yet, though.
            I just didn't like anything from No Prayer right on through Brave New World. Gave it a try but couldn't get into it. What are the standout tracks from x factor? Maybe I'll give it chance again.

Comment

Newc, take a peek here...

http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=t...eng&link=tours
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I've got all of them except D.o.D. (I think). Brave New World was ok - a bit more "intellectual" lyrically than their older stuff IMO, and it doesn't seem to have the "fire" that Powerslave had. But then, neither did Somewhere In Time or Seventh Son. I know a lot of people like those two because they were using Jacksons, but there was nothing impressive about the songs themselves IMO. Wasted Years was good, but really that's the only one that sticks with me (aside from the ridiculously long chorus of "The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner" )

Steve and Neil Peart need to hang out and swap reading material

Hey! There's an idea - let's see what Iron Maiden could do with 2112, and see what RUSH can do with the thematic elements of Powerslave

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                  Aha, so it was '85. And no opener.

Then who did WASP open for?

Lessee, Queensryche opened for AC/DC, and I was seated for that.
                  GNR opened for Alice Cooper
                  Whitesnake opened for Motley Crue
                  Uriah Heep opened for Cheap Trick (82 - first concert - still got the shirt)

Hmph. Can't remember who WASP opened for. I know it was for the first album, so they weren't headlining.

Ah well, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post
                    I just didn't like anything from No Prayer right on through Brave New World. Gave it a try but couldn't get into it. What are the standout tracks from x factor? Maybe I'll give it chance again.
                    I actually enjoy the whole X Factor album all the way through.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

maiden (to me anyway) died when adrian smith left after s.s.o.a.s.s. adrian and dave had distinctive yet complimentary styles that gave maiden their trademark sound (think of the trooper ect). when he was replaced with janic gers (or what ever his fuckin name is) they lost the vibe that they had with adrian and dave (which to me they never regained). listening to janick gers, all he seems to do is widdle as fast as he can on the fretboard and use a wha pedal (on all of his solo's).......a bit like dave used to do in the early years??? there seems like theres no diferentiation between his parts and daves in the solo department....unlike dave and adrians?? and as for this 3 guitarists thing.......wtf is that all about?? maybe they should fuck gers off and get back to a classic line up?

why do all the maiden albums of late sound the same?? (half the songs on each album start with the same little acoustic intro peice before the song kicks in?? and why did all the older songs end with steve doing a little "diddley,diddley,diddley,didley then (cymbal crash+power chord) end??

the joys of trying to learn the latest maiden albums as they came out when i was a youngster......oh those joyous memories!!!
                      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
                      X