Damn....I missed the action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn....I missed the action!

So, I have been sitting here for the past couple hours "working on a project" (lol....surfin the web) at my desk and I decided to look out the window. What do I see....fire trucks, police, 2 wreckers, news helicopters, and what appears to be a full size SUV upside down leaning on the guard rail. HOW DID I MISS THAT HAPPENNING?!?!?!? DAMN!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Holy crap!!!!!! They just flipped the SUV over and there was another small car beneath it!!!!! This looks BAD!!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Seen that poker commercial with the boss walking in someone's office and catches them sleeping? Was that you ?

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        Seen that poker commercial with the boss walking in someone's office and catches them sleeping? Was that you ?
        LOL, nope. Just don't really have anything to do this afternoon. Our network and our hardware are working remarkably well lately. If I didn't have internet you'd be sure I'd break something on purpose so as not to get bored. This is the most entertainment I've had all week.

Comment

On the way home the other day at about 10:00pm.. I was about 4 blocks away .. in my rear view there's an ambulance screamin down the street which is a backway into our neighborhood...I pull over let them pass, I watch to see where they are headed and notice them pulling into what looks like our court. As I get about a block away from my turn into our park, I notice what looks like a cop on my ass, .. came out of nowhere.. I slow to get into the turn lane a little early.. he pulls around in front of me and takes the corner.. .there's now a squad coming from the other direction also wanting to get in at the same turn and.. he hits his lights.. so I yield the turn to him.
          They race into the courtyard, silent approach, no lights..as I turn I see them positioning themselves a couple blocks up.. one has already turned around and is now facing towards me.. lights off. I see a cop get out and has a semi auto rifle walking across the street on approach to a residence...the ambulance has held back a bit but it's also staged at the same block..

I just kept driving by...

another day at the farm.. I never did find out what happened.
          Last edited by charvelguy; 10-18-2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Another related story...similar to Tom's

We woke one night about 3:30 am to the sound of a pretty loud helicopter circling very low (only a few meters above the trees).
            We watched him circle for about a half hour (with a big spolight on leading us to believe this was a Police Northstar heli). Their spot swept directly at us several times.

Turns out, there was a fugitive situation in which a guy was busted for a DWI, brought down to the station to be booked, and he broke the shackle and escaped out a window. The police station is located directly through a small patch of woods from our house. That explains why the heli was hanging so close. Turns out the guy lives just up the street from us, and he was caught passed out in his car. He tried to get into his house, and his wife wouldn't let him in (HAHA!).

I wish I knew the guy's name and address so I could go congratulate him on being so stupid, and patting him on the back for being able to escape from a police station drunk!

Comment

Cops at the house can be scary. Last year from upstairs my wife heard me come in the house, and my boy yelled "Daddys home!" So she calls to me and I don't answer. She walks around downstairs and doesn't see me so calls my cell phone. I'm still 15 minutes out from the house, coming home. I tell her to hang up, corral the kids upstairs and call 911 and stay on the phone until the cops show up. I turn a 15 minute trip into 10 and pull up to see our street blocked off at both ends around the house and cops all over the place. I was in a freakin panic as I ran home (had to leave the Jeep a block back).

They never found anything and figured it was her imagination (and my sons too?). The cops were thorough and whoever it was must have hauled booty before they got there. Gotta give props to the Sachse PD. I've disliked cops most of my life (anyone here ever hassled for no reason other than long hair? I can't be the only one). But I like these guys. They're serious about protecting the wife and kids. Still scary as hell. All doors stay locked and now we have a house alarm that chirps when doors open so there's no misunderstanding.

Comment

Working...
              X