Clear All

• Looking for opinions

I'm thinking of selling my 93 LP Standard:

for a Wolfgang:

plus Sennheiser in ears.

My other guitars are 92 LP Classic w/Fishman powerbridge

Ibanez Iceman PS10LTD

Takemine EF301C

Am I just going through a GAS attack, or is it a good switch?

I'd keep the Gibson, but that's just me.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Keep the Geeb
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Keep the Geeb
        +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000^1000 0000000

Comment

So get the Wolfgang?

Thanks

Comment

Scott,

Your a big guy I'm not sure the wolfie would keep you happy. It has a 1 5/8 nut on it and it's not a large guitar ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

You got a King V you wanna toss my way?

so you are saying it'll look like a violin on me...

Comment

I'd stick with the Gibson. Many people I've talked to have flipped their WG after a short period of ownership.

Comment

ok, cool.
                  I just thought it would be something a little different, I liked how the PU toggle was in the same place as the LP, and I don't have anything with a trem on it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                    You got a King V you wanna toss my way?

so you are saying it'll look like a violin on me...

King V is gone .. the lower wing hit me in the knee dammit ...

I had a few wolfies, I like em they are nice guitars but they are a tad small for a larger person. The neck is assymetrical and a 1 5/8 nut width which is small for someone with big strudels for fingers ..
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

ha ha strudel fingers!
                      that's the name of my next band!

Comment

Leslie West is not a small guy either, but he's played a Wolfgang live for years. The CS is a nice standard.. you seem to prefer hardtails and you'd be going to a floyd. The red quilt is nice but, simply as a suggestion, maybe you should keep the Paul and buy Petes for less $ just to see how ya adapt to the body style and floyd.

Comment

Petes?

I've had floyds in the past, that's why I was looking at it, I don't have one anymore. Not like I'm a big solo guy, just nice to screw with, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
                            Petes?

I've had floyds in the past, that's why I was looking at it, I don't have one anymore. Not like I'm a big solo guy, just nice to screw with, ya know.

Scott you have a pm

Comment

Got it.

Thanks. The problem is, with Xmas around the corner, it's bad timing for me to be loking at this or any other guitars, two kids and the wife has a big family. I'd have to play one in person, put it on layaway if I liked it, then sell the LP. The one in the photo above is getting shipped to a local Daddy's so I can try it first. They want $599 with no case.
                              probably not going to do it after considering the feed back today, i'll still try it, but it's gotta blow me away... then maybe it'll force me to diet!

Comment

Working...
                              X