Clear All

• buy a vw... get a first act guitar...

just saw the slash commercial...

also saw the john mayer one too...

great idea too bad it's a cheap guitar.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

I saw the Nigel Tufnel commercial last night. That one is funny.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Maybe if I bought a guitar and got a free VW, then I'd go for it!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That made me want to go out and rent spinal tap. I bet its out already. Maybe I'll just buy it.

Comment

the mrs. leased a rabbit yesterday. i was hoping we'd get the guitar b/c it's free, but not on a lease. rats.

first act has had some excellent GW reviews, though.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It just kind of dilutes the brand when you see First Act guitars at Wal-Mart in those window box packages.

Comment

I say both. Nigel had much better tone in my opinion.

Comment

I love the part when they ask you that if you could play like Slash you could have one. I have been able to play like Slash before Slash was actually Slash. Do I get a free VW??
                NOPE.
                Its a stupid promotion but I do agree that it gets people to talk about VW.
                Good thing for them because they have really been on the DOWNWARD SLIDE!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  I love the part when they ask you that if you could play like Slash you could have one. I have been able to play like Slash before Slash was actually Slash. Do I get a free VW??
                  NOPE.

:ROTF:
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I'll buy a VW, if I can get a "free die" cast of a VW
                    and the guitar in camo?
                    What kind of amp do you plug into in the car?

Comment

it's kinda misleading, really.... in the glove box, there's a 1/8" input jack. you can plug your ipod into it and it will go thru the stereo. you'd have to put an adapter on the guitar cord for it to work. i'd guess you'd just grab a distortion pedal and you'd be good to go. i'll try it this week and report back.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nigel is my hero... see the sig!
                        Love the commercial... the guitar is still a POS.
                        -Rick

Comment

Sully...you're supposed to get it with a lease. Read the intro paragraph on the first page of the mini-site.

http://www.vwrocks.com/

If the dealership tells you any different, send them to that webpage and demand your guitar.

Also...from what I read...it's a custom limited edition. Not a high end custom shop First Act model, but not a WalMart First Act, either.

Look for them to start showing up on ebay in about a month!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crankdaddy View Post
                            Sully...you're supposed to get it with a lease. Read the intro paragraph on the first page of the mini-site.ttp://www.vwrocks.com/

If the dealership tells you any different, send them to that webpage and demand your guitar.
                            And film it, I'd love to see that on youtube!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Crankdaddy View Post
                              Sully...you're supposed to get it with a lease. Read the intro paragraph on the first page of the mini-site.

http://www.vwrocks.com/

Also...from what I read...it's a custom limited edition. Not a high end custom shop First Act model, but not a WalMart First Act, either.

Look for them to start showing up on ebay in about a month!!!
                              Yep... the ad clearly states "Whenever you buy or lease...".
                              Demand that axe!

I wonder how long it will take for them to start showing up on ebay?

Oh wait... they are already there... http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLKSWAGEN-VW-EL...QQcmdZViewItem
                              and
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-LIMITED-EDI...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X