Holy Crap!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap!!!!!

I know that this song has been done too many times to count.
    But for what seems like an impromptu session, HOLY SHIT is this good!!!
    Kashmir by Zepplica

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YwKwRa4TF...elated&search=

Listen to the Robert Plant like note at 4:14 !!!!!!!
    Last edited by bombtek; 10-10-2006, 05:43 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

That's cool, it is very good.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Them fuggers tore-it-up!!!!!!

A~
      All hail the 'King'
      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Good stuff, the singer has a great voice and even has a lot of the mannerisms down. But, I have to say I find it a little pathetic. But maybe I'm wrong. I just imagine this guy living his life wishing he was Plant. I do too, but only once every three years. This guy probably does it for 10 minutes of every hour.

Comment

Hehe.. It sure captured the feeling of the original recording, it's pretty obvious this video wasn't just a stunt.. Looks like the morning after and they've just gotten out of bed
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I've never heard a non-studio recording sound like that and I've heard a LOT of bands covering Kashmir (it was a staple it seems for Cape Cod way back when).

Granted the keyboards covered a whole lot of that song but I thought the some of the coolest parts was where the drummer (guitar box player) added harmonies to some of the verses as well as some of the keyboard parts. Him and the vocalist also threw in more than a few "pssshhhhhhhhhh" sounds with their voices to cover longer cymbal crashes.

It was one of the coolest covers of this song I've ever heard/seen.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

The more I listen to it, the more that guy sounds like Steven Tyler doing a VERY good rendition of Kashmir.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                The more I listen to it, the more that guy sounds like Steven Tyler doing a VERY good rendition of Kashmir.
                Exactly! It was a pretty kick ass jam. The "Drummer" was just freaking classic.

Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                X