Good luthiers/shops in Atlanta area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luthiers/shops in Atlanta area?

I just moved down here a year ago and am not sure where to go. I want to get the Kahler on my Model 6 working right so I can use it again. It's been years since I've used the trem and have never oiled it or anything. If anyone knows a good person/place to take it (who hopefully knows kahlers), please let me know.
    I wish I had taken it to Bret (slo100) before I left VA, but I didn't.....
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Charveljunkie and diablomozart are both in the Atlanta area, maybe they'd know a good shop. As for Kahlers, a lot of shop techs don't know how to maintenance Kahlers. I believe there's a thread or a link in the Tech Q&A that could help you do it yourself. Are the rollers seized up, or what?
    Last edited by lerxstcat; 10-10-2006, 04:03 PM.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Charveljunkie? Diablo? Alvin? Bueller?
      Any info. appreciated. Or if any of you guys could work on it and I'll pay you, that's cool.
      Lerxst - from what I remember (I'm at work), the E, A, and possibly D, rollers are gunked up and green (oxidation I guess) and don't roll. Now, my 6 stays in tune fine as I use it - no whammy-ing, and leaving the nut unlocked, but if I could get the trem working again then I could seriously consider selling one of my Wolfies to get something new.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
      X