Google buys YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google buys YouTube

I didn't think it was that popular. 1 Billion + popular, I guess...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061009/...google_youtube

Yep, apparently it's big business.. Somehow
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

If you guys wanna watch Scarface (1983) better hurry up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Bfwn_ctSE
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This is not good news, imo, and not just because Google will be more aggressive about policing copyright infringement. Looking down the road a little, I think Youtube was blazing the trail for the future of mass-media. I was hoping they'd go public and eventually be a strong competitor to Google & Yahoo on that front. Competition is good.

Comment

Yeah this sucks. There is a reason why youtube is more popular then google video.. I just hope this takeover won't affect youtube too much..
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

You Tube couldnt keep up with growth, their service was pretty poor but this gives Google some gain in advertising revenues as well as a much improved video offering.

I think they will work some deals and throw some cash with content providers on copyrigtht issues but the whole thing is risky as they cannot keep up with user base video uploading copyright videos. I think you'll see some lawsuits now that Google has the money to pay Especially from the networks...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

damn google.. i wouldnt be surprised if they buy microsoft in the next 3-5 years
              If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Working...
              X