Binding!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding!!!!!!

I have a PS3 Rhoads Performer that has become one of my favorite Drop tuning practice guitars. I have lately been thinking of making it my stage "A" tuned guitar and returning my Warrior to drop "D". However live (as stupid as this sounds) I like to go with the more dramatic look of a bound neck and headstock. I've been looking around for a 22fret bound Jackson neck (reverse would have been cool) but sitting here staring at a pic of Dime I have at my desk, I think the dots and binding could be equally cool.

Does anybody here do or know anyone who does neck/head binding????
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

If you can find someone who is willing to do the binding it will probably be cost prohibitive. There used to be a post around here with pictures of a member doing faux binding with tape. It actually looked decent in the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
      If you can find someone who is willing to do the binding it will probably be cost prohibitive. There used to be a post around here with pictures of a member doing faux binding with tape. It actually looked decent in the pictures.
      That would just bother me personally tho. Ideally an already bound 22 fretter would be good, but where am I gonna find that?
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Charvel 475, but that has sharkies.

The tape binding guy was Number of the Priest
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Charvel 475, but that has sharkies.
          Thought about that and really don't have a problem with sharkies, but I do still want Jackson on the headstock.

Comment

well if you have an extra $375 plus shipping around..then you can buy a damn near factory mint neck on the bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-Jackson-...QQcmdZViewItem

forgot if we have a rule about live auctions so If i fugged up then please delete

Comment

As long as it's not your own auction, you're cool. That seller is a veteran JCFer BTW.

Comment

Only if it's YOUR auction.
                As for the neck... $375 is frikkin insane for a used import neck.
                You could have one made for less money.

OK... so it's dead mint... but still a bit pricey.
                Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM.
                -Rick

Comment

okidoke I'd pay 200 MAX for one and slap it on your fav rhoads body...but thats just me...

Comment

That's 1 sweet import neck at too high a price for me right now, if I had the cash today....I'd buy it. I'd have time to plan ahead for binding, but I'm sure the neck will be gone by the time I'd have the cash. Either way, here's the mutant:

chrome bezel on the neck HZ pickup from my DKMG

black bezel on the J80 from my KV Pro
                    JT-590 from my Warrior Pro with an old style screw in collar from a real old Floyd Rose
                    Chrome knobs on the Vol and Tone With a Black knob on the boost all from my DKMG.

Silver tuning pegs on black tuners from my KV Pro
                    Silver string locks from my KE3 on the stock black nut.

The serial is 9655955. I know it's a jap but don't know what year.

I guess this thread should be moved to the import forum now???

Comment

Mutant is a good name for that one! Heh

That ser# is approx 1998-99

Comment

Thanks. :ROTF:

Actually, after thinking about it. It is truely a mutant, but almost all upgrades after upgrading other axes. So basically free.

My KE3 got a Real black Floyd Rose trem and locknut.
                        My KV Pro got EMGs (81/85) and Planet Waves locking tuners.
                        My DKMG got Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Live Wires
                        My Warrior Pro got a real Floyd Rose

In fact, the only upgrade I bought specifically for it is the chrome bezel.
                        Last edited by VoiceX3; 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Just what I need for my RX10D. Too expensive though...

Comment

Working...
                          X