Red Eye Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Eye Removal?

Guys, I took this really cool extended family photo at my parents recent 50th wedding anniversary. But - wouldn't you know it - many in the pic ended up with a bad case of red eye! I've tried about 10 different computer programs to remove it (...literally! not exaggerating!), with no success whatsoever. None. Nada.

Any suggestions? Anyone know a GREAT program that handles this well? I'd really hate to have it developed as is, but want to have a big print made as a present for my folks.

Photoshop can do it. But you need to know how to use the program.

Comment

Photoshop elements has a single click eye removal from what I remember.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Tell them to stop drinking? You didn't bounce the flash. As to how to remedy it. Why bother? The will love the photos nevertheless. Here's what happened to me. It was the last really big family get together. (1975) Everyone was there. My uncle, who had diabetes took the pictures, and his eyes didn't work well. An his photos were a bust. I had a brand new Canon 35 and took pictures because it was fun. I got all the shots dead on. But, I forgot to have someone else take a picture of me. So, my whole fam damnly has all these great photos from my camera and I'm not there 'cus I took the pics.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Fett - Photoshop can take care of that as well

Shred - You might have to remove them by hand. Use the Paintbrush tool in a photo editor and set the size to 1, the Density to 80-100%, and the Opacity and Hardness to 100% (going by PaintShop Pro options - Photoslop may be different).

Pick a dark grey color (not black) and start poking eyes out.

If you do them on a separate layer, you can blur or soften that layer slightly to take care of any "too dark" spots.

Or you could do a Color Replace and select the Red Eye in the pic as the color you want replaced.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am of the old school. I used real film.:ROTF: I say let the pics stand as they are. That was the moment. Why change it? Here's why film cameras suck. I was the "Official" camera guy at my son's wedding. I took some great shots with a Canon. I knew the camera, but I misloaded a whole roll of film and fuck. I had all these great shots and the film didn't advance. Thank God, I got the ones that really counted.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

PhotoShop
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I use photoshop:

Add a new layer, then use the colour picker tool (or whatever it's called) to sample the real colour of the iris of the eye, switch to a pencil tool set to a small pixel radius and colour in the 'red' with the proper colour. Then choose layer -> properties -> blending options -> saturation. This works fine in most cases, but remember to merge the layer to flatten the image at the end, and always save to a new file in case you want / need to go back.
                Last edited by neilli; 10-05-2006, 02:53 AM.
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

+1 Photoshop.

If your camera has a red eye reduction flash mode, use that next time around, if you didn't already. It's the mode where it makes several quick flashes to force the human iris to contract, and then fires the big one (leaving all blinded, lol).
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Just do it manually, use the edit button in Windows XP Picture and fax viewer. It's time consuming but it works.

Comment

Photoshop seems like an expensive way to fix redeye... you can do it with the GIMP (and others) for free. http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Red_Eye_Removal/
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I used Roxio's new photo editor this weekend for the first time and the auto redeye tool was awesome. Waaay better than my photoshop element tool.

Comment

+11

Comment

Working...
                          X