Amish vs. Muslim Extremists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish vs. Muslim Extremists

I saw this article about the Amish reaction to the school shooting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15120230/

As I was reading through it, I couldn't help think about the extremely different approach to living and faith that the Amish have, as compared to Muslim extremists. It is flat out amazing to me. This psycho came in and killed their little girls!!! And their only response is to give forgiveness, along with expressing concern for the negative impact it may have on the killer's own children and family.

I could never even consider living an Amish lifestyle, but I just gained a huge appreciation for how their faith impacts how they choose to live with others - it's got some truly admirable things.

And now contrast that with Muslim extremists, who use religion to justify the killing of innocents, who think all others are subhuman "infidel" sinners doomed to hell, and who's outlook of life and faith blames others for their own ills.

Both are the products of "faith".

Astonishing isn't it. I couldn't live like that either, but I totally respect their ideals.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      And now contrast that with Muslim extremists, who use religion to justify the killing of innocents, who think all others are subhuman "infidel" sinners doomed to hell, and who's outlook of life and faith blames others for their own ills.
      So what you're really saying is that Muslim extremists are Catholic?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Right, Tim. Thanks for that positive contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          No, he said "the killing of innocents", not "the killing of innocence"

Comment

You know, if World War III ever breaks out and the entire nation's infrastructure goes down the crapper, the Amish will probably have the best odds of survival. Not only do they live according to their faith, but they also have sustained themselves without relying on the technology that most people take for granted.

Maybe someday, if I can ever afford to retire, I'll move close to an Amish community. I would never be able to abandon technology, but there's a lot of things I could probably do without...and being in that environment would probably make it much more bearable.
            sigpic

Comment

Right, Tim. Thanks for that positive contribution.
              Anytime. Just let me know how I can help.

- Newc

Comment

I think you're speaking as someone who lives nowhere near the Amish.

Man, up here in Western NY and Western Pa, the stench of pgshit travels for tens of miles anywhere near an Amish community. They are expert farmers, but the runoff is killer. You literally can't breathe, and they prefer raising pigs.

Also, do you know about the Amish form of hazing? Basically, before you conform to community values for the rest of your life, the Amish have a period in which as teenagers, they head to the city and are allowed to go batshit wild in order to get it out of their systems (heh, heh). It's fantastic reading newspaper accounts of Amish teens in Philly or Pittsburgh who drink, fuck and go out of their minds.

Comment

all extremists are arseholes!I do like the way you tied this to muslims..lol..whatever floats your boat mate

glad that fucking nonce killed himself,i think his past history is going to be worse than it is already

I kind of respect the amish for their values,its not what i would want to do but i can see its merits.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    I believe that "extremists" is the key word here.

My Muslim friends don't think less of me because I don't pray toward Mecca every day.

Yet there are Muslim EXTREMISTS who commit acts of murder in the name of their faith.

My Christian friends don't think less of me because I don't accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior.

Yet there are Christian EXTREMISTS who kill OB/GYN's for performing abortions, in the name of their faith.

My Jewish friends don't think less of me because I eat pork, either.
                    Last edited by QuantumRider; 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM.
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                      Yet there are Christian EXTREMISTS who kill OB/GYN's for performing abortions, in the name of their faith.
                      Christians have been killing in the name of God since the dawn of time for what they "think" is right. They just tone it down a little now as compared to the Extremist Muslims.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't get the vs at all. How can the two be mentioned in the same breath? This thread is just stupid. The Amish just want to live their quiet lives with their beliefs. And so do 99.999% of Muslims. This thread has no place to go but down.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Amish Vs. Muslim extremist? in a street fight I'd take Ahkmed and Abu over Jacob and Jebadiah, seriously tho' the whole world could learn something by the forgiving nature of the Amish people, finding inner peace and accepting life as its handed to you is a pretty rare trait. Really is a shame that a deeply disturbed guy had to take out his personal torment on these people,
                          Last edited by FusionFarmer; 10-04-2006, 02:48 PM.
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                            Amish Vs. Muslim extremist? in a street fight I'd take Ahkmed and Abu over Jacob and Jebadiah,
                            I dunno. If you take the Russian Korean War surplus weapons away from Ahkmed and Abu I bet you that Jacob and Jebadiah could take them. Those Amish dudes cut down trees with their bare hands and shit.

- Newc

Comment

You're probably right, you'd have to be pretty tough to live like that
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X